Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 06:52 PM

Re: Strange lights in the sky tonight

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
You are so lucky Meg, I have never seen the aurora.
Same here.

Now I know that it is possible to see it 'darn sarf' I shall certainly be keeping an eye out for it here in the frozen north.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 07:02 PM

How exciting Meg, I would never see it here - too many street lights.

Maybe we could all offer to take it in turns to give Chloe her last walk of the day for you
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Go to 1 minute 54 seconds in the video , this is what I have been watching for the last 2 nights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjVwA1UKBzA

I can’t believe no ne else has mentioned seeing it anywhere
Maybe it was localised and most people were in bed or subject to light pollution, I was looking across unlit fields.

I had no idea the aurora was visible this far south or appeared just white in colour but I now realise this is so .

It was mesmerizing to watch and I feel so lucky to have seen it .
Gosh, so it was the Aurora after all Meg. Wow. Lucky you!

One thing I'd like to know, was there an atmosphere that you felt in the air?

Can't really explain what I mean. You know sometimes you can feel something in the air (don't mean the feeling before a storm). Just a feeling of something....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Gosh, so it was the Aurora after all Meg. Wow. Lucky you!

One thing I'd like to know, was there an atmosphere that you felt in the air?

Can't really explain what I mean. You know sometimes you can feel something in the air (don't mean the feeling before a storm). Just a feeling of something....
Hi Pesta I didn't feel anything in the atmophere.
I came back from a walk and looked up to see the strange shapes throught the trees and I was mesmerised and wanted someone else to see it but my neighbours in our tiny hamlet were all in bed and their houses in darkness.
Nothing for the last two nights, it's gone ....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Pesta I didn't feel anything in the atmophere.
I came back from a walk and looked up to see the strange shapes throught the trees and I was mesmerised and wanted someone else to see it but my neighbours in our tiny hamlet were all in bed and their houses in darkness.
Nothing for the last two nights, it's gone ....
Not from your memory though, you lucky thing.

I feel a little miffed that there wasn't a 'feeling' - I always imagined there would be something in the air to 'feel' all around

Anyway....you're still a lucky gal

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top