Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 08:52 AM

Re: Meeting the Ex.

Friend val and I are going to her daughters birthday party in a couple of weeks , being held in a local restaurant, her daughters father will be there with his wife who was the mistress during their marriage . He was a control freak and had hit her on many occasions , we always tell her she was well rid . He is often rude when they have met on other family occasions and is concerned about being in such a small intimate occasion again . She's recently lost a couple of stone and we've encouraged her to really dress up and show how good she's looking compared to the new wife who is rather old looking and overweight .

By the way , he doesn't control the wife or hit her , in fact the wife hold the purse strings and it's him who is controlled from what we hear .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Well I think we think differently, for me it would be closure.

Quite honestly I couldn't care less if he lost respect for me he went off with another person for goodness sake so I would have no respect for him anyway what he thought of me would be of no consequence at all.

Of course I say all this Twink but I have never experienced it so if it actually happened who knows how we would react...I know I'm not perfect though and I think I might look for some sort of retribution
I think I would feel that maintaining my composure would make me the stronger... but we all think differently. Neither of my husbands left for another woman... but I won't go into all the details of why we ended the relationship. What I will say is that if I could help them, or they could help me, when in need, there would be no hesitation from any of us..... because we still want the ex to be happy!
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 10:21 AM

Am I totally unusual in that I still see my ex-husband quite regularly. We married when we were both young, in our early 20's. Eventually, had five children plus one fostered son that stayed with us becoming our youngest. Unfortunately, my husband became very disabled with MS and very bitter, which he took out on me. We went through so much trauma, just trying to bring up our family in these circumstances. Finally, he left us - moving into a specially built flat for himself.
I was left to cope with a falling down house and the younger children still at home (although they were all in their teens.
Neither of us have ever been interested in anyone else, and now both live solitary lives. We live a couple of miles away from each other. Time has healed so much of the hurt, and we do have five children (our youngest died tragically some 15 years ago), and eight g.children in common.
It is easier for me to visit him, than for him to get to me - he is now totally wheelchair bound - not able to transfer without use of a hoist.
We met originally through shared interests and still remain very good friends. I do sometimes think that if it had not been for the MS our marriage would have survived, but have to live with what is.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Franbern what a nice story lovely to hear your still friends , but it does take both people to want that , I tried to stay caring and kind to my ex during the divorce but he decided to turn nasty . I would have loved to have stayed friends but it was his choice . It's a strange way to act towards someone you once loved deeply isn't it .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 11:18 AM

I am not friends with my ex but I do not wish him ill.
I see why as a young girl I married him ( I was an idiot ) but I had an exciting life with him and we have children together .
All water long gone under the bridge .

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top