Join for free
Page 7 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:09 PM

Re: Adult to adult debate

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh dear.

I wonder whether 'Mr Baker' is actually a certain Frog lady who used to frequent this forum - all too frequently!

For the record, Mr Baker, the Frogs hate the British because they have so very often failed to better us. Agincourt, for example. They are jealous of us!

They are also perfidious. We came to their aid twice in the last century - 1914 and 1939 to be precise (that's not 1917 and 1942, by the way!) - and since then they have taken every opportunity to do the dirty on us.

For example, when we tried to join the EEC, de Gaulle vetoed our application; they wanted their old enemy Germany to be their best friend! At present their negotiator, Macron, is doing his best to force us to pay handsomely for the right to leave the EU.

The Frogs are our traditional enemy; we have been enemies for far longer than we have been 'friends', and with friends like them who needs enemies?
Don't forget they gave us that pile of poo, the Citroen 2CV with deckchair like material as a roof....and not forgetting Kronenbourg 1664
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Nah them was Viking descendants had help up north as well. Did i mention Waterloo
Aye, dirty tactics. William the Bastard got his Viking cousins to attack in the North-East forcing good king Harold to traipse up there to kick their arses while plotting an invasion landing at Hastings. After defeating the Viking hoards, Harold and his men had to trail back down south to take on Bill the B even though he and his men were shagged out after all that fighting and marching. Harold and crew fought commendably considering what they had been through and would have won again if they hadn't fallen for the usual Frog tactic of them running away and being daft enough to chase after them thus giving away the high ground to Les Grenouilles.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah .. the Ignore List.
Can work but if it gets too long you'll end up talking to yourself.
Does that mean mine was the only post you could read on here.

British Humour.
We'll laugh about almost anything. It's kind of droll and dry, often with a twist of cutting sarcasm or cynicism. We'll even poke fun at our own government and political figures.

The reverse is also true. I don't find American humour too funny as I don't 'get it'. I watch sitcoms and go glassy eyed trying to figure out what's funny. Though I confess I did watch that series Married With Children with the Bundy family.

Taking the pee ... and winding you up.
Means teasing you. Trying to 'get a rise' or provoke a reaction out of you.

If I were you I'd leave this thread alone and the jokers will run out of wisecracks .. assuming they were ever wise to begin with (that's British humour).
You're right, of course, Morty.

American humour and British humour are certainly not the same.

I find most American humour somewhat infantile - I'm not trying to be nasty here - in that it lack subtlety.

A major exception, of course, is The Simpsons which includes some very subtle humour, often easily missed unless you're concentrating.

I always enjoy watching The Simpsons, or rather I did, as they are all repeats now (on Channel 4).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
British humour takes the micky (or pee/piss/wee) out of everyone and everybody - nobody is safe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnFeJzOfvxQ
Including ourselves.

Being able to laugh at oneself is an indication of maturity and self-confidence.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Bloody behave will you?
I wuz gonna tell him that Rehab.
But he wouldn't have taken it off me, and possibly been 'orrible to me.
This can happen you know with some!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
That’s a classic, good old British or was it Jewish humour
You know what Rehab.
I had never even looked at the situation that way.
It just shows you how ruddy naive I am!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-10-2017, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Aye, dirty tactics. William the Bastard got his Viking cousins to attack in the North-East forcing good king Harold to traipse up there to kick their arses while plotting an invasion landing at Hastings. After defeating the Viking hoards, Harold and his men had to trail back down south to take on Bill the B even though he and his men were shagged out after all that fighting and marching. Harold and crew fought commendably considering what they had been through and would have won again if they hadn't fallen for the usual Frog tactic of them running away and being daft enough to chase after them thus giving away the high ground to Les Grenouilles.
I must point out that we should not confuse the Normans with the Frogs.

The Normans were descendants of the 'North Men' - Vikings.

The Frogs have never bested us, and 1066 is no exception.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

02-10-2017, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm cringing reading this thread ...
I'm probably the only one.

Bakerman, you make interesting posts and I'd love it if you could manage to settle in ... take things less seriously or personally, be less sensitive and not feel the need to be so defensive? You've managed to upset one or two people, whilst others have taken it in their stride.

And Bakerman, ignore half, or most, of the posts on this thread. They're taking the pee. Winding you up.
You're actually playing into their hands by starting threads like this.
Well I agree with Mort you until you get to the word stride.
I can only speak for myself when I say that I am certainly NOT taking the pee or winding him up or playing into certain persons hands.
Of course none of this may or may not be meant to apply to me.
But I do suffer from Paranoia you know!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're right, of course, Morty.

American humour and British humour are certainly not the same.

I find most American humour somewhat infantile - I'm not trying to be nasty here - in that it lack subtlety.

A major exception, of course, is The Simpsons which includes some very subtle humour, often easily missed unless you're concentrating.

I always enjoy watching The Simpsons, or rather I did, as they are all repeats now (on Channel 4).
Oh yes! How could I forget the Simpsons.

I've always meant to tell you JBR ... you look absolutely stunning in your Y-fronts.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Well I agree with Mort you until you get to the word stride.
I can only speak for myself when I say that I am certainly NOT taking the pee or winding him up or playing into certain persons hands.
Of course none of this may or may not be meant to apply to me.
But I do suffer from Paranoia you know!
Now you're just been plain awkward.
(That is not a whip so no saucy ripostes please ... it's really a live adder).

But I like your self-defecating British humour.

Page 7 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top