Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 12:06 PM

Re: Indian restaurant etiquette

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I think he's absolutely right Twizzle
And one breaks one's poppadom into smaller pieces not bite from a big piece and then spoon on to it again
Oh gawd, don't tell him that he'll be unbearable. He also says you are supposed to smash the stack of poppadoms, not break bits off.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Oh gawd, don't tell him that he'll be unbearable. He also says you are supposed to smash the stack of poppadoms, not break bits off.
Yes you can do that unless everyone at the table wanted one each!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 04:38 PM

Rather a lot of criticism on this thread.

It would be interesting if it could be extended to include the question of how you hold your knife: the handle in the palm with the index finger on top of the spine of the blade, or the handle in the crook of the thumb like a pen.

That could cause some disagreement, I'm sure.

I know the 'correct' way (the way the Queen does it and, incidentally, how I do it), but I'm not saying anything yet!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Left-over onion bhajis go into the curry pot too, so I've been told.

Waste not, want not.
I worked in a place called Betterfoods in the City of London, many years ago, and literally everything left over was recycled in tomorrows rissoles or shepards pie or whatever.
This included fried eggs,chips, burgers.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:12 PM

It would be interesting if it could be extended to include the question of how you hold your knife: the handle in the palm with the index finger on top of the spine of the blade, or the handle in the crook of the thumb like a pen.

I know the 'correct' way (the way the Queen does it and, incidentally, how I do it), but I'm not saying anything yet!
My way, which was taught me as a child, is to hold the knife in the palm with finger on top, not like a pen. I was told it was the correct way.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I worked in a place called Betterfoods in the City of London, many years ago, and literally everything left over was recycled in tomorrows rissoles or shepards pie or whatever.
This included fried eggs,chips, burgers.
yuk !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
My way, which was taught me as a child, is to hold the knife in the palm with finger on top, not like a pen. I was told it was the correct way.
Well, that's two of us, anyway!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 05:34 PM

JBR, l hold my knife correctly ...not like a pen, that’s dead common!!
I brought my children up to hold a knife and fork correctly too!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-04-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, l hold my knife correctly ...not like a pen, that’s dead common!!
I brought my children up to hold a knife and fork correctly too!
That's good.

Some old friends of ours hold their knives like a pen, though I wouldn't dream of criticising them of course. There are far more important things in life and, after all, I would never claim to be perfect.

Then again...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2018, 06:01 PM

That's good.

Some old friends of ours hold their knives like a pen, though I wouldn't dream of criticising them of course. There are far more important things in life and, after all, I would never claim to be perfect.

Then again...
Well I found this.
https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Fork-and-Knife

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top