Join for free
Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 03:15 PM

Re: Serious problems with flu shot safety and effectiveness

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't know why we have to put up with this ridiculous argument every year.

We are all intelligent adults who are capable of making our own decision about whether we need it or not and to me, that seems the best way as we all know the level of risk that getting flu could cause to ourselves.

You can obtain anti-viral drugs, which are extremely expensive & would certainly give the pharmaceutical companies a huge financial return.... even if only a small percentage of people need it. The problem is that may be the only way to save peoples lives if they don't have the flu jab.

Can I suggest that " Flu Jabs" become a banned topic next year, because we are all capable of making our own decision & I doubt that any member of this forum has sufficient medical knowledge to make an decision for anyone unless they have seen that persons medical records & understood them.

If we can't ban it, then perhaps we should insist that it goes into a section like the " Cheeky Chat section", where only those who are looking for it will find it & we wont have this stupid discussion every year!
Well I started the thread this year for the specific reason of notifying our members that appointment bookings were now being taken for this year’s vaccination. Unfortunately it was taken over by someone who seemed to insist on debating it even though it was posted in the Health forum and was not meant as a debatable subject.
Didn’t get a look in after that!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well I started the thread this year for the specific reason of notifying our members that appointment bookings were now being taken for this year’s vaccination. Unfortunately it was taken over by someone who seemed to insist on debating it even though it was posted in the Health forum and was not meant as a debatable subject.
I know what you mean Mags!
I am ashamed to say that I haven't had mine yet because i badly sprained my ankle and wasn't able to get to the surgery, but they assure me that they will have a new stock in in a few days and i can just go in and get my jab anytime.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hot Tip:

Next year, make the public information available to all then immediately lock the thread. If `someone` wants to start their own thread slagging off the injection and how people are stupid to have one then let them start their own thread so we can ignore it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Hot Tip:

Next year, make the public information available to all then immediately lock the thread. If `someone` wants to start their own thread slagging off the injection and how people are stupid to have one then let them start their own thread so we can ignore it.
What a good idea Judd, thanks!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

10-11-2018, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I know what you mean Mags!
I am ashamed to say that I haven't had mine yet because i badly sprained my ankle and wasn't able to get to the surgery, but they assure me that they will have a new stock in in a few days and i can just go in and get my jab anytime.
I hope your ankle is better now Twink and you can receive your flu jab soon ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Hot Tip:

Excellent idea Judsy - and I also agree with Twink in it being totally ridiculous. Every year it's the same. I am sick to death of it to be honest.

In fact, I would go one step further and lock it NOW.

There can hardly be a person on the forum who hasn't had enough of these monotonous flu jab threads.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 08:23 PM

I am appalled by the comments above. It is like a witch-hunt.
Realist has the right to his enjoyment of this forum, even if it is at the annoyance to others.
He hasn’t broken any rules, sworn, been racist or been offensive.
What worries me, if he had been one of your favourites, you wouldn’t have said a dicky-bird!

If you don’t like it, don’t look at his posts! I for one enjoy them. I find his posts, very informative.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 08:34 PM

Note to self: Do not get next years flu shot in Canada
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Realist has the right to his enjoyment of this forum, even if it is at the annoyance to others.
What worries me, if he had been one of your favourites, you wouldn’t have said a dicky-bird!

If you don’t like it, don’t look at his posts! I for one enjoy them. I find his posts, very informative.
No one had said he can't do all those things. But if we need a reminder to get the jab that thread should be just for that not debating if we have it or not. He can start his own thread for that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I tend to agree Arty, If you have to be an expert in the field of the subject before you can participate in a discussion, there would be no discussions at all, and we all might just as well find something else to do with our time.....

But.......The fact that we are all over fifty means that we have graduated from the university of life, and as such, are experts in most things.....

I think we have learned many things from Realists posts, and I for one would not like to see him censored......

Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top