Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 02:26 PM

Re: Do You Cry Easily?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
For a usually quite knowledgeable man Todger, that is both naive and ridiculous.
How do work that one out?

We all have emotions for a reason, and would be both weird and unnatural to have no feelings or emotion. You'd be nothing more than a robot.

Or maybe I have got that wrong?
Maybe you do have feelings but you will not allow yourself to release them?

There is the other extreme, where some weep and wail and get in a state about every trivialty, and those people can be hard work too.
I certainly do have "feelings" and emotions but some people develop what my old mum used to describe as a shell like a lobster in order to protect them from people and things getting access to them. She'd had a pretty crappy time when she came to the UK as a child on the lam from the Nazis and my grandparents sometimes told of what they had experienced in Russia. Try as my grandparents might they never managed anything but rudimentary English and try they certainly did.

As a slight aside I remember the shock on my old Bubbe's face when she discovered that "bollocks" were not things that canal barges were tied up to and it should have been bollards!

So not cold, not hard, not without feelings, not without emotion. Just armoured maybe.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
As a slight aside I remember the shock on my old Bubbe's face when she discovered that "bollocks" were not things that canal barges were tied up to and it should have been bollards!
Love it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I certainly do have "feelings" and emotions but some people develop what my old mum used to describe as a shell like a lobster in order to protect them from people and things getting access to them. She'd had a pretty crappy time when she came to the UK as a child on the lam from the Nazis and my grandparents sometimes told of what they had experienced in Russia. Try as my grandparents might they never managed anything but rudimentary English and try they certainly did.

So not cold, not hard, not without feelings, not without emotion. Just armoured maybe.

I see - and thank you for explaining.
AliceWonderland
United Kingdom
AliceWonderland is female  AliceWonderland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Don't know why, but lately the slightest thing starts me off, reading a book with an emotional or sad part, watching Youtube video's, watching TV. I have always got chocked up at certain times, but never used to be this bad & it's getting worse.
How about all of you. Do you feel the same, or have you never got emotional?
I even cry watching cartoon films, but in that case I always have.
Compassionate heart "cries"

"The fruit of love is service, which is compassion in action." Mother Teresa

“Compassion is the wish to see others free from suffering.” Dalai Lama

Lots of hugs
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by AliceWonderland ->
Compassionate heart "cries"

"The fruit of love is service, which is compassion in action." Mother Teresa

“Compassion is the wish to see others free from suffering.” Dalai Lama

Lots of hugs
Thanks Alice.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 04:56 PM

I don't do a full on blubber crying but I do shed many tears very often when it comes to things that remind me of my younger sister or my partner, may their souls rest in peace.

I lost my sister to a sudden traffic pile up in 2002, she died instantly according to the coroner and I mourn her loss still to this day.

I lost my partner (not married, 2 years together) in 2011, she died of a brain tumour and mourn her loss till this day also.

I think because both of them was taken quickly and suddenly way before their time is why I shed many tears. I am sure if i let what ever it was i was watching or listening to that reminded me of either of them it would lead to a full on cry but it hasn't got that far yet.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top