Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 01:11 PM

Re: Mollie's Makeovers

Mollie, you home is lovely. I really like your use of colour.
You've certainly got a natural eye for what will work and what won't.

Your hallway looks great ... warm and inviting but I liked your bedroom decor best. Especially how you hung the drapes by the bed ... so much nicer than a bland headboard.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2012, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Maybe but when you are trying to sell a place, especially in the current economic climate, one doesn't wish one's place to be too off-putting as there are so many properties on the market.
Again I agree with you Willow. The programme I spoke of recommended "updating" by using neutral colours, thereby spending money on the house for sale, in order to attract a prospective buyer which, according to the programme, worked.

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Mollie, you home is lovely. I really like your use of colour.
You've certainly got a natural eye for what will work and what won't.

Your hallway looks great ... warm and inviting but I liked your bedroom decor best. Especially how you hung the drapes by the bed ... so much nicer than a bland headboard.
Thanks Morty. I've never used a headboard as I've never had a use for one, so I thought I'd create a sort of frame for my bed.

I know some folk would gasp in horror at some of my colours, but I wish now I'd taken a photo of what I did to my bathroom years ago. Even my brother was too scared to go in there!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2012, 10:25 PM

I forgot to put my last make-over on. Here is the spare front bedroom which had been Gordon's bear-pit, which was much worse than the following photos. It went from:

To this. Apologies for the quality but the sun was streaming through when I took the pictures:

Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2012, 10:47 PM

Nice thread Mollie. Fancy a job with my place?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

21-04-2012, 11:04 PM

Thanks, Paul. I can't even do me own place nowadays, ne' mind getting a job about stuff like that.

Er .... how much d'ya pay?
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2012, 11:06 PM

I'll cook for ee
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

21-04-2012, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
I'll cook for ee
Ta very muchly.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK

21-04-2012, 11:13 PM

Butty pies?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

21-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
Butty pies?
You can't have read up to there yet.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK

21-04-2012, 11:17 PM

I'm keeping abreast of developments as well as catching up LOL

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top