Join for free
Page 72 of 79 « First < 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 > Last »
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Re: What do you remember???

Do you mean these awful things? God how I hated them.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 04:25 PM

Us 'boys' managed to get hold of a pair of those belonging to the girls Gym Mistress - we flew them from the top of the school's flag pole - Headmaster wasn't amused!!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 04:38 PM

The way I felt most days about my dodgy clothes particularly those nasty bloomers and on top of that a liberty bodice with rubber buttons,, I would gladly have flown my mum on the flag pole. She insisted that I wore these atrosities.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 05:47 PM

I remember sometimes tucking my skirt into the legs of them when doing tom boy things if you get my drift....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 06:30 PM

Knickers? they were bloomers
Uncle Joe, when we had those type of funerals back then everybody showed their respect, but not these days, I have seen a coffin in the back of an hearse doing 80 MPH on the M1.
Back on thread, do you remember the ointments we had etc.
Bread poultice for boils, Zambuk Fullers earth ointment, Brazillican Iodex, Iodine, Menthol and eucalyptus, Friars Belsam
Sal volatile,Quinine, smelling salts and the good old syrup of figs, not forgetting Dock leaves which we still use today.
Sorry if any of these have already been mentioned.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
I remember sometimes tucking my skirt into the legs of them when doing tom boy things if you get my drift....
A necessity when doing handstands. My horrid navy blue knickers had a pocket in them.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
A necessity when doing handstands. My horrid navy blue knickers had a pocket in them.
I don;t remember having a pocket but I do remember tucking dress into knickers to go paddling at the seaside no posh swimming cossy for me.

Does anyone remember liberty bodices which I had to wear over my VEST because I had a weak chest, it may have been weak but it got huge as I got older much to my disgust.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
It looks like good stuff that Lyril, better than carbolic anyway

Jimmy thank you so much for that! I was beginning to think I'd dreamed it up. See Marian! There really was a Lyril soap!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 01:38 AM

I'm gobsmacked that Jimmy managed to find the advert !! Just watched it... I must have some, its sensational
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 01:49 AM

It hasn't been manufactured for the last 50 years Marian, or haven't you been reading those stories properly?

I remember those navy blue knickers as part of our school uniform. Who wore a gymslip and carried a satchel to school?

I loved my lickle liberty bodice with the rubber buttons as it kept my lickle chest warm in the winter, but it stunk rotten when mummy rubbed our chests with Wintergreen to keep us from catching colds. It worked as well!

Page 72 of 79 « First < 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top