Join for free
Page 73 of 164 « First < 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:13 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Here you go Mups.

https://www.webmd.com/coronavirus-in...accines-dosing

Thanks Zaphod.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Got this on my facebook today.

The first data on the #COVID19 vaccine rollout suggests it is having an impact on stopping serious illness.
Data released by Public Health Scotland found that by the fourth week after the first dose of either the Pfizer/BioNTech or Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccines, the risk of being admitted to hospital reduced to 81%.
Meanwhile, Public Health England found that the risk of being admitted to hospital and dying was reduced by over 75% after the first dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
Find out more ⬇️
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153617 — sharing a COVID-19 update.
So it's got nothing to do with the lockdown or the fact that everyone has to wear a mask in the shops. And with the good weather there are more people getting outside, kids are not attending school and....Nursing homes and residential homes are harder to access than fort knox round here. I'm not saying the vaccine isn't doing a good job of protecting people, but let's not get too carried away.....We all know what the BBC are like....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
True, and I can assure anyone that sure wasn't all in my mind! I don't think they would strap me to a trolley and rush me off for a CT scan and 2 x ECG's if it were.

Incidentally, does anyone know why we have to have 2 jabs? We don't have 2 Flu jabs, do we.
Morning Mups...
We have two jabs Mupsy because like fibreglass, one is the filler and second one is the hardener...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Morning Mups...
We have two jabs Mupsy because like fibreglass, one is the filler and second one is the hardener...

Morning Foxy

Thanks for that.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:55 AM

So it's got nothing to do with the lockdown or the fact that everyone has to wear a mask in the shops. And with the good weather there are more people getting outside, kids are not attending school and....Nursing homes and residential homes are harder to access than fort knox round here. I'm not saying the vaccine isn't doing a good job of protecting people, but let's not get too carried away.....We all know what the BBC are like....
I'm pretty sure this is right for the present time. We won't know how well the vaccine is working until we all start going out and mixing with others as much as we used to do.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-02-2021, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'm pretty sure this is right for the present time. We won't know how well the vaccine is working until we all start going out and mixing with others as much as we used to do.
So hasn't the lockdown worked this time round mart? And the reduction in deaths and infections is purely down to the vaccines?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 12:50 PM

So hasn't the lockdown worked this time round mart? And the reduction in deaths and infections is purely down to the vaccines?
I perhaps didn't put it well. I'm saying that I think it is the lockdown rather than the vaccine that is giving the present figure and that we won't know how well the vaccine is working until we all go out again.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mags, Sir Ian McKellen felt a sense of euphoria after his vaccination.

Did you know there’s cases of ‘vaccine envy’ too?
What? Mags AND Ian McKellen?

Why didn't I feel any euphoria?

I'm a little annoyed now. I think I might go back and ask for another one as mine didn't do that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-02-2021, 10:45 PM

https://off-guardian.org/2021/02/15/...covid-vaccine/
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 10:51 PM

That's a crafty way of getting money from you .... have you paid them Bob?

We do things different in this country.

Page 73 of 164 « First < 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top