Join for free
Page 75 of 164 « First < 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:07 AM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

I am getting fed up of hearing on the news that BAME and Other ‘ethnic ‘ minorities ie the traveler community ( who are no more ethnic than my Great aunt Fanny ) are in more danger .
If they can’t be arsed to get the vaccine well they will just have to accepted the consequences and either recover or die hopefully without cluttering up the NHS .
Personally I couldn’t care less if the traveller community catch it or not ( as long as they don’t give it to anyone else ) and would be a hypocrite to say otherwise .
As for the BAME community well if they would prefer to consult the witch doctor down the road why don’t they return to the countries form when they originated and die there ( the very countries that are begging for developed countries to give them the vaccine.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wonder how many people will accept responsibility if they catch Covid!
I don't think the anti-vacs look at it from that point of view.

I can understand ignorant people believing idiot theories and fake news - that includes many of the bame community and largely caused by immersing themselves in communities from the same ethnic backgrounds, rather than accepting the country which has accepted them! The responsibility factor probably hasn't even occurred to them..........but educated people? How can anyone accept responsibility for putting someone else's life at risk and expect others to pull together to help them if they get the virus!

It's happening worldwide at the moment with people who feel they are free to travel wherever they wish despite not being vaccinated. If anyone dares to suggest they should wait till they get vaccinated, or asks about the welfare of others on the plane they travel in - they are demonised!!! Freedom of speech applies to all.

Freedom of movement will (I hope) be controlled with Vaccination Certificates as I fully intend to travel.........but not in a plane full of irresponsible couldn't-care-less- ignorant people!

I will NOT have my freedom curtailed or put at risk by others!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:19 AM

I agree Lindyloo
Sad to say I have two friends who are anti vaxers.
Both are extremely vulnerable with serious medical conditions and if they get it they will die . But until they have put the health service at considerable trouble.
Both are educated but IMO in this instance ignorant and irresponsible.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree Lindyloo
Sad to say I have two friends who are anti vaxers.
Both are extremely vulnerable with serious medical conditions and if they get it they will die . But until they have put the health service at considerable trouble.
Both are educated but IMO in this instance ignorant and irresponsible.

Yes - those types and conspiracy theorists seem to enjoy calling attention to themselves. Why do they believe they are so special and important? They'll be the first to shout "discrimination" when denied entry to something............and I'll be the first to shout "idiot" back!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I don't think the anti-vacs look at it from that point of view.

I will NOT have my freedom curtailed or put at risk by others!
I hope that all the people, who were brave enough to have an unknown vaccination, are convincing the rest of the world that it is the only way to beat this virus! I sincerely hope that those, who have had not been able to have it, will be more protected from catching it by the bravery of others.

For those who just wont have it, maybe we should send them to a remote island, if they do catch it, because I don't want many more NHS workers to die from a disease they have worked so hard to save others from!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 11:48 AM

Answers:

1. (a) Massive resources have been put towards creating a vaccine for Covid. (b) Massive numbers of scientists have worked separately and together to create a vaccine. (c) There has to be a first time for everything!

2. See a b and c above.

3. See c above

4. Yes!

Everything about the vaccine can be assessed on risk. How great is your risk? Are you going to risk NOT having the vaccine..........I know the answer to that.............and YOUR risk is lowered by others having the vaccine.

How would it be if we didn't have a vaccine and the numbers of deaths just increased and increased................

That's the alternative - assess that risk!
I'm not telling anyone not to have the vaccine Lindy....
I'm saying I'm not going to have it based on what I know about my life...
I didn't have all the vaccinations that you had when you traveled to foreign countries...Why would I, I haven't been anywhere where I needed to be vaccinated. If I was traveling there I would have the vaccine too...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I wonder if they will put out a flu vaccine this year?

It normally comes out in April but all you foreigners with your nasty diseases are still banned from entering this land of milk and honey and all returning residents still under going a fortnight's quarantine I wonder what are the chances of anybody catching flu this winter?
Funny you should mention that Bruce, I was reading the other day on the ONS website that they find it strange that not one person has been admitted to hospital this winter with flu....They reckon it's probably down to all the precautions people are taking to avoid covid.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-02-2021, 11:59 AM

I'm not a scientist - are you?
These are the vaccinations I've had as a child:
Six x smallpox
Four x Yellowfever
Two x Cholera
Two x TAB

In addition - 28 x 2 Rabies antidote injections; 2 anti-malarial tablets per day x nearly 10 years!

As an adult I've had many other vaccinations.

I guess I just don't worship my body as much as you - but I do value my life!
You don't have to be scientist to know how to avoid getting colds and flu Lindy.
Just living in this country for seventy years gives you a good idea what to do keep yourself safe
I also had the usual childhood vaccinations, but I'm not calling those into question.
You say you value your life Lindy, and I also value mine, that's why I'm still here at seventy and still running 30 miles per week.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-02-2021, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well said Lindyloo!
I think that around 20 million have now had the vaccination in the UK but, unless everybody does, we will not be free from the dangers of this virus.
There will always be a few who cannot have it, but in the event of any of them catching the virus, there will be more places in hospitals where they can get the best care.
Most of us had the jab to give ourselves a better chance, should we catch Covid, but the vaccine is the first step towards beating Covid! It wont stop us catching the virus, but having antibodies already in our immune system, it will make it easier to recover.

I never had my TB jab, because I didn't want a jab, so I didn't take the letter from school to my parents! How stupid was I? If TB does come back and I catch it, then it will be my own fault... I wonder how many people will accept responsibility if they catch Covid!
You didn't read question (5) did you Twink....

5. DID YOU KNOW 99.8% OF PEOPLE SURVIVE COVID19?
The case-fatality ratio of Sars-Cov-2 infection has been a bone of contention for months, but it is certainly much lower than all the initial models predicted.

It was originally massively inflated, with the WHO using a figure of 3.4%.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-02-2021, 12:08 PM

As I know personally three people who have died of covid I wouldn’t bet your life on these figures .
And they were not obese people either with underlying health conditions.
They were people of your age who were quite fit for their age .
It’s everyone’s choice but who will care for them in hospital if and when they get it?
I hope they bring in vac passports it’s the most sensible thing to do if you want to travel and I do .I don’t want to travel with people who may be a danger to me .

Page 75 of 164 « First < 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top