Join for free
Page 76 of 79 « First < 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 > Last »
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2012, 12:00 AM

Re: What do you remember???

I remember nylon sheets, anyone remember Brentford Nylons. They used to sell all nylon bedding. When you think back they were horrible.

I can remember putting the coats on the bed. We used to have army blankets from the war. You would go to bed in the winter, it was freezing so you put the coats on the bed. You would wake up in the morning. With ice on the windows inside as well as outside. No central heating in them days.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2012, 12:29 AM

Oh yes I remember Brentford Nylons, they were horrible. Last winter when it was very cold I was putting my dressing gown on top of the bed and it really did make a difference! This year I have a hot water bottle no not a stone one!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

12-01-2012, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
I remember nylon sheets, anyone remember Brentford Nylons. They used to sell all nylon bedding. When you think back they were horrible.
Was it Alan (Fluff) Freeman who did the adverts for them?
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2012, 01:21 AM

Found this, and Alan Freeman did the voiceover

Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2012, 12:20 PM

Even if I could buy them at those prices I wouldn't. Mind you the colours were nice and bright.

Now we has a leccy blanket which we switch on about 9.30 and it is nice and toasty to the toes when youse get in.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2012, 12:24 PM

I bought two new duvets last year - one summer weight (4.5 tog) the other winter weight (13.5 tog) because this winter has been very mild, the winter weight one is perhaps too warm even at this early in the year.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2012, 09:35 PM

I remember a proper brass bed, so high, you had to climb up into it, with starched embroidered white cotton sheets, feather pillows all pristine, fluffy and white, woollen blankets and a feather eiderdown all satiny, pink and luxurious. (at my Grandma's house).
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2012, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I remember a proper brass bed, so high, you had to climb up into it, with starched embroidered white cotton sheets, feather pillows all pristine, fluffy and white, woollen blankets and a feather eiderdown all satiny, pink and luxurious. .
With a big feather mattress on it so soft you sunk in it. It was certainly warm.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
With a big feather mattress on it so soft you sunk in it. It was certainly warm.
That's right Lynne, feathers, loads of feathers - there were always a few stray ones. I used to love sleeping at my Grandma's and we always had soft dippy boiled eggs and buttered toast "soldiers" for breakfast. Lovely.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2012, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
That's right Lynne, feathers, loads of feathers - there were always a few stray ones. I used to love sleeping at my Grandma's and we always had soft dippy boiled eggs and buttered toast "soldiers" for breakfast. Lovely.
I want to sleep in feathers bury me deep in feathers
I want to sleep in feathers in that old feather bed of mine
Mother keep it aired no matter where I roam
Fill the old hot water bottle I'll be coming home
Cause I want to sleep with knobs on old iron bed with knobs on
Bury me deep in feathers in that old feather bed of mine.

A little song that I used to sing in my parents concert party program.

Page 76 of 79 « First < 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top