Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 10:19 AM

Re: Illegal migrants getting impatient !?!?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He replied yesterday
I was surprised at the speed so I can only assume he has so many people writing to him re this he has a letter ready to fire out ?

Here it is a bit long winded

I understand that you feel that the current asylum regime is open to abuse. I too agree that the system is too inflexible and rigid. I also appreciate the frustration felt by many across the country regarding the vexatious claims in the asylum system.

I welcome the fact that at the heart of the New Plan for Immigration is the simple principle of fairness. I agree with the Home Secretary that access to the UK’s asylum system should be based on need, not on the ability to pay people smugglers.

I know many of my constituents have felt that if an individual illegally enters the UK via a safe country where they could have claimed asylum, they are not seeking refuge from imminent peril but are picking the UK as a preferred destination over others.

Therefore, for the first time, whether an individual has entered the UK legally or illegally will have an impact on how their asylum claim progresses, and on their status in the UK if that claim is successful. Those who succeed with claims having entered illegally will receive a new temporary protection status rather than an automatic right to settle, will be regularly reassessed for removal from the UK, will have limited family reunion rights and will have no recourse to public funds except in cases of destitution.

As you may also be aware, a new agreement has been reached between the UK and France to tackle this issue. A number of key measures have been agreed. I particularly welcome the doubling of French police officers patrolling French beaches as a result of this agreement. This will strengthen the patrolling of the 150-kilometre stretch of coastline regularly targeted by people-smuggling networks. It will also enable a quicker response to suspicious activity, stopping migrants leaving France in the first place.

In addition, enhanced surveillance technology including drones, radar equipment, optronic binoculars and fixed cameras will allow the French police to be more efficient in their searches and in turn ensure officers are deployed to the right place at the right time to stop these dangerous and unnecessary crossings. It is also promising that both the UK and French governments are thinking ahead and boosting border security at ports in Northern and Western France to make sure that the illegal migration threat does not shift towards freight traffic.

It is also welcome that action is being taken to support migrants into appropriate accommodation in France to prevent criminal gangs taking advantage and ensuring migrants can be supported and advised on asylum claims in a safe third country, as France is.

I hope you can see from this response that the Government is taking firmer action to stop these crossings.
Predictable!

And at the same time Portugal is now off the Green List again.

Why don't they make the UK a Red List country for everyone crossing the Channel?

The government really can't seem to get their act together, can they?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 10:36 AM

He replied yesterday
I was surprised at the speed so I can only assume he has so many people writing to him re this he has a letter ready to fire out ?

Here it is a bit long winded

I understand that you feel that the current asylum regime is open to abuse. I too agree that the system is too inflexible and rigid. I also appreciate the frustration felt by many across the country regarding the vexatious claims in the asylum system.

I welcome the fact that at the heart of the New Plan for Immigration is the simple principle of fairness. I agree with the Home Secretary that access to the UK’s asylum system should be based on need, not on the ability to pay people smugglers.

I know many of my constituents have felt that if an individual illegally enters the UK via a safe country where they could have claimed asylum, they are not seeking refuge from imminent peril but are picking the UK as a preferred destination over others.

Therefore, for the first time, whether an individual has entered the UK legally or illegally will have an impact on how their asylum claim progresses, and on their status in the UK if that claim is successful. Those who succeed with claims having entered illegally will receive a new temporary protection status rather than an automatic right to settle, will be regularly reassessed for removal from the UK, will have limited family reunion rights and will have no recourse to public funds except in cases of destitution.

As you may also be aware, a new agreement has been reached between the UK and France to tackle this issue. A number of key measures have been agreed. I particularly welcome the doubling of French police officers patrolling French beaches as a result of this agreement. This will strengthen the patrolling of the 150-kilometre stretch of coastline regularly targeted by people-smuggling networks. It will also enable a quicker response to suspicious activity, stopping migrants leaving France in the first place.

In addition, enhanced surveillance technology including drones, radar equipment, optronic binoculars and fixed cameras will allow the French police to be more efficient in their searches and in turn ensure officers are deployed to the right place at the right time to stop these dangerous and unnecessary crossings. It is also promising that both the UK and French governments are thinking ahead and boosting border security at ports in Northern and Western France to make sure that the illegal migration threat does not shift towards freight traffic.

It is also welcome that action is being taken to support migrants into appropriate accommodation in France to prevent criminal gangs taking advantage and ensuring migrants can be supported and advised on asylum claims in a safe third country, as France is.

I hope you can see from this response that the Government is taking firmer action to stop these crossings.
That appears to be just the sort of prepared statement that l referred
to muddy ?
From what l saw, a lot of it was taken from the home office letter
l received recently and also a letter from DEFRA Which was very
similar too!
None of them tell you more than you know allready ??
Sometimes they even pass you on to the "relevant" department !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 07:05 PM

Denmark figured it out.

https://www.rt.com/uk/525689-britain...ylum-migrants/

Copenhagen’s parliament had passed a bill which allows the government to deport asylum seekers to non-EU nations (Rwanda is rumoured to be one) to be processed. The news from Denmark comes as, according to the Daily Mail, May represented the highest number of monthly migrant crossings to the UK from France in years.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Denmark figured it out.

"Copenhagen’s parliament had passed a bill which allows the government to deport asylum seekers to non-EU nations (Rwanda is rumoured to be one) to be processed. The news from Denmark comes as, according to the Daily Mail, May represented the highest number of monthly migrant crossings to the UK from France in years."
Some members may remember me suggesting on this forum that the best solution for our problems would be to deport our locusts to places like South Sudan (with the offer of foreign aid as a sweetener!).

I was saying that without any possible hope of our government ever doing it, of course.

But look. That's exactly what Denmark is about to do!

So why can't we? (Apart from our overwhelming do-gooder opposition, of course!).
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Denmark figured it out.

Let's be honest, getting legislation like that through Westminster at the moment would be akin to poking butter up a hedgehog's bum with a red hot needle.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-06-2021, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Let's be honest, getting legislation like that through Westminster at the moment would be akin to poking butter up a hedgehog's bum with a red hot needle.
I agree.

Denmark looks like a nice country to retire to.

I'd love to visit Viborg, the setting for M. R. James's ghost story 'Room 13'.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:48 AM

Tempting it is

https://wise.com/us/blog/moving-to-denmark-guide
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:51 AM

Now the for ore over the barracks it looks like we will have to pay compensation to illegal immigrants because they didn’t like their accommodation.

Another gaga judge .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

05-06-2021, 09:04 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-seekers.html

HECK just commandeer ferries.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-06-2021, 10:05 AM

Now the for ore over the barracks it looks like we will have to pay compensation to illegal immigrants because they didn’t like their accommodation.

Another gaga judge .
They live on a different planet to us.

As far as they're concerned, they and their friends are perfectly OK and well off.
The rest of the country, those of us here legally and the illegal immigrants are of no concern to them so, to appear to be egalitarian, they treat us all the same.

They're also rather short sighted if they can't see what will happen in the future.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top