Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 10:27 PM

Re: What hobbies do you have?

I used to make things in ceramic when we attended the US Air Force Base in Berlin, but that was many years ago.

I enjoyed writing my comical stories and poems, but more recently I have enjoyed photography (although I'm not much good at it), and doing Code Breakers.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 11:11 PM

I went to pottery classes for a while ...
I think it is called 'folk art' or 'tat'

I made some slightly better things too but they sold at the local sale in aid of the village hall.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 11:15 PM

That's very good, Meg, I love the owls

The first one looks very intricate ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's very good, Meg, I love the owls
The first one looks very intricate ....
Thank you Mags I don't think they would win any awards not even the Turner Prize
The intricate one took about half an hour , lots of blobs of clay and a matchstick .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thank you Mags I don't think they would win any awards not even Turner Prize
The intricate one took about half an hour lots of blobs of clay and a matchstick .
I thought the flowers were some kind of metal!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

24-10-2011, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I thought the flowers were some kind of metal!
...that's the glaze which was always luck not judgement
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 04:07 PM

I like walking and cycling and photography and Growing Herbs and making ointments and creams with the herbs ..I used to like wine making as well.I like reading reference books and enjoy my pet callum he is good company..
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 09:53 PM

Love your artwork Meg - not tat at all.

I change like the wind with my hobbies.....sometimes I knit, sometimes I like doing crosswords and reading (though I don't know if that's classed as hobby material.)

Not having too much spare time to myself, I like to play word games on the PC and jigsaws.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2011, 10:25 PM

I used to do arty-crafty things like make Christmas ornaments with styrofoam balls, velvet ribbon, metallic ribbon, tiny faux pearls, colored beads and gazillions of pins!!

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Hobbies come and go, some stick but I seem to lose interest after awhile.
I like woodwork, wood turning side of it, but my arthritis got in the way of that, but I did manage to earn a living, and eventually get my son into it, and now he is a professional wood turner with his own shop.
But now it is about trying to stay fit, I play badminton all day Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Tuesday and Thursday morning table tennis all morning, an hour in the gym in the afternoon.
I have just taken delivery yesterday of a mountain bike for Saturdays and Sundays, when I shall fit my photography back into it.
Evenings it is PC and TV, if there is sport on.
Oh! yes I have a wife too.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top