Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2015, 12:12 PM

Re: Unannounced visitors ......

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
LOL! I have one particular friend who lives a car drive away. Not only does she call and invite herself over but also tells me what she would like to have for lunch! Mind you, we have been friends since we were in our prams so that does give her a few indulgences!!
I think that's lovely to have a friend like that ST - knowing each other that well, that you can be totally relaxed and honest !!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2015, 01:15 PM

Thank you, DL, I am blessed with good friends.

They are all different from each other, all have particular attributes and faults, and I cherish their friendship.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2015, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
I think that's lovely to have a friend like that ST - knowing each other that well, that you can be totally relaxed and honest !!!
I agree !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Shoeless and fancy free made me laugh, I'm falling apart bit by bit.
Me bits are all over the place
backseat dad
thame oxon
backseat dad is male  backseat dad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 03:43 PM

i'm guilty of this - when i learned i lost my job i went out on some massive motorbike rides, all pretty vague and unplanned, my wife is tolerant and as long as i 'phoned every now and then it was ok with her.

anyway to the point, i called in on a couple of friends that i had kept in touch with but not seen for a while, one an old school pal and the other from college. the abrupt visits didn't really work out too well, i won't do it again!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Keep a coat by your front door, and pop it on before you open the door. If its someone you're pleased to see, you say "I've just come in", if its someone you don't want to see, say "I'm on me way out".
Ha ha your a gem Mups, i think that's a brilliant idea i can't stop laughing
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 05:29 PM

I would have to know they were calling first, so i could tidy round and be prepared for them.
If they were to call on speck there's nothing you can do? just remember it's you there calling to see not a Show House.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 05:50 PM

You have to take us as you find us but I dont mind if people turn up.. I wil tell them if I have to go out or if I have something planned but they are welcome to come in and spend some time..

This might be something to do with the fact that we are hopeless at the whole social invitation thing too!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 06:11 PM

I prefer to know when someone is dropping in. My time is precious and my own. I'd never make anyone feel bad and would welcome them, but I'd rather know they were coming. I value my own space these days. My mum is different. She has people dropping in constantly and she's at the ready with sandwiches, tea and biscuits. Maybe I need to be more like her?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-02-2015, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I prefer to know when someone is dropping in. My time is precious and my own. I'd never make anyone feel bad and would welcome them, but I'd rather know they were coming. I value my own space these days. My mum is different. She has people dropping in constantly and she's at the ready with sandwiches, tea and biscuits. Maybe I need to be more like her?

Each to their own Alice - I could never drop in on someone, have to ask if its OK first .......they may say I'm doing so and so, but an hour will be fine - I feel better about it then

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top