Join for free
Page 8 of 22 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 04:15 PM

Re: Here Comes Boris' Deal

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Agree Bread. We must leave. I'm only sorry that the DUP will not back it.
With the greatest respect to N.I. we cannot allow a small minority group to be the cause of stopping Brexit happening. I personally think they did okay out of the deal. I'm also pretty sure that should there ever be a vote for unification with S.Ireland, the DUP would be in for a shock.
The DUP's whinge that they have been thrown to the wolves does not hold water.
I'd love to see Northern Ireland to reunite with Eire.

We have had the best part of 100 years with this millstone hanging around our necks.

The Irish really enjoy fighting each other, so why not just leave them to it. If they are united and no longer tied to the UK, they will have no excuse for attacking us. The IRA will have lost any raison d'etre, though I'm sure they'd find something to complain about and some reason to plant their bombs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I take it you haven't listened to Ursula Von Der Leyens speech then

Here are some other corkers that I wrote down when I heard it.

1. Climate neutral by 2050 - 55% by 2030
2. EU Climate Law
3. 1 Trillion Euros of investment in the next 10 years paid for by the member states
4. A Capital Markets Union (holy shit balls !)
5. An EU minimum wage !!!
6. Unemployment reassurance scheme
7. Save the lives of immigrants coming to Europe - guess what this means ???
8. Common Asylum Policy (see number 7)
9. EU Coastguard !!! - for what ????
10. Increase number of foreign policy decisions by QMV (listen to the booing by the MEPs)

etc

I bet the remainers knew they were voting for all of that in the referendum

NOT !
No. 7. Yes, I'm sure I know what that will result in.
They will make use of the UK as a dumping ground for all illegal immigrants - well, they pretty much do that now anyway.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-10-2019, 04:22 PM

It also means labour are dead in the water and so are the Lib Dems and pretty much the SNP come the next election.

Here comes Nigel with Boris for the next GE just you watch !
I just hope that they can come to some sort of alliance.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No. 7. Yes, I'm sure I know what that will result in.
They will make use of the UK as a dumping ground for all illegal immigrants - well, they pretty much do that now anyway.
Yeah I got bored with it after about 40 minutes of Dear Leader waffling on about how she is going to spend everyone else money.

Typical dictator.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 04:23 PM

No it isn't - look at what we have done so far. The UK doesn't burn coal anymore in its power stations,

All Extinction Rebellion is about is "adults being naughty"
Naughty again, aren't we? There*are currently 6 active*coal fired power stations*operating in the*United Kingdom*which have a total generating*capacity of 8.9GW.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Naughty again, aren't we? There*are currently 6 active*coal fired power stations*operating in the*United Kingdom*which have a total generating*capacity of 8.9GW.
but they aren't burning coal .... well, not much anyway as they are being phased out. We have some of the worlds biggest renewal energy power generation here in the UK.

How are your German masters carbon neutral efforts going ? Going well are they ?

I take it your not prepared to switch your laptop off then in order to save the planet ??? How about that factory ship hoovering up thousands of tonnes of fish and polluting the world with its huge diesel engines, destroying fish stocks, wildlife, plants etc as it smokes its way through our territorial waters ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 04:28 PM

but they aren't burning coal .... well, not much anyway as they are being phased out.

How are your German masters carbon neutral efforts going ? Going well are they ?

Coal*supplied 5.4% of*UK electricity*in 2018, down from 7% in 2017, 9% in 2016, 23% in 2015 and 30% in 2014.
👍
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-10-2019, 04:30 PM

Coal*supplied 5.4% of*UK electricity*in 2018, down from 7% in 2017, 9% in 2016, 23% in 2015 and 30% in 2014.
👍
And ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-10-2019, 04:34 PM

And ?
First you state UK isn't burning coal, then in view of evidence you have to pipe down. Well?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-10-2019, 04:36 PM

First you state UK isn't burning coal, then in view of evidence you have to pipe down. Well?
We didn't burn coal - not for weeks, anyway ...

Here you are ..

The top 20 nations with the highest CO2 emissions are:

China
United States
European Union
India
Russia
Japan
Germany
South Korea
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Canada
Indonesia
Mexico
Brazil
South Africa
Turkey
Australia
United Kingdom
Three way tie:
Italy
San Marino
Vatican City

But there again, I couldn't give a shit about climate change anyway, its just an excuse by rich people to go and tax poor people more.

Page 8 of 22 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top