Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 10:08 PM

Re: A new Royal baby!

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Thank you for the answer.. One more question.. At one time weren't they banned from ever marrying "Commoners"?

I think I recall reading that the Royals had a very limited gene pool to select from, and this caused some medical and mental problems.. Didn't it change then? I think it's great, it strengthens the blood line to have diversity.
Not so much banned as it was a case of Match making keeping ,,the blood line pure i suppose ..
Yes you are right about the limited gene pool , one bad gene that got passed down from Queen Victoria was Haemophilia that got passed on to The Russian Tsar Son which was well documented and he suffered badly with it ..
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 10:55 PM

Wasn't there epilepsy too.

The first Royal to marry a commoner was Princess Margaret I think, if you discount Edward the 8th and Wallace Simpson. Followed by Princess.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 11:01 PM

I think there was something else Celyn,im sure there was one called John and he was kept out of public eye and died at age 14 ,..
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 02:20 AM

Congratulations to William and Kate, and to little George who will have a sister or brother to play with, what wonderful news
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
O I see.... so you think theres only ONE of these people in the UK with 15 children.

There are thousands so add that to your figure of 56k
Ha ha ha... You type the most abominable drivel sometimes. Do you just pluck a figure out of the air?

According to your Work and Pensions Secretary of State Iain Duncan Smith there are about 160 families claiming the dole who have 10 (note, not 15) or more children.

I am afraid the 'thousands' of such families are just a figment of your fevered imagination. But hey! why let facts get in the way of a deeply held prejudice?
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Ha ha ha... You type the most abominable drivel sometimes. Do you just pluck a figure out of the air?

According to your Work and Pensions Secretary of State Iain Duncan Smith there are about 160 families claiming the dole who have 10 (note, not 15) or more children.

I am afraid the 'thousands' of such families are just a figment of your fevered imagination. But hey! why let facts get in the way of a deeply held prejudice?
Ok so theres only one I stand corrected.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top