Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 01:27 PM

Re: Will Israel survive?

What on earth is America doing giving aid to them for? Israel I can see but not Palestine.I am contacting my congress woman.Hell I live here and didn't know that.Someone is gonna get an earful today.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I'm sure Arafat was no saint.
Few leaders in his sort of position have not knocked off funds along the way.
Human greed and frailty, I guess.
Oh thats alrights then
knocking off fund ( Billions in aid is OK )?
er no its theft and corruption .

ALTHOUGH, a case has been made that some substantial funds were tucked away to genuinely protect them from political opponents and corrupt officials.
By whom?
sounds like a weak excuse to me

Time Magazine says

"In August 2002, international donors forced Arafat to sign over his investments to the Palestine Investment Fund, which was audited by U.S. accountants and managed by Palestinian Finance Minister Salam Fayyad, a former International Monetary Fund official.

After scouring corporations throughout the Arab world and bank accounts in the Cayman Islands and Luxembourg, the auditors identified $800 million, which has been made a part of the Palestinian Authority's official budget.

"It's the most successful financial reform in the Arab world," says Jim Prince, president of the Los Angeles — based Democracy Council and head of the audit team."
Only $800 million - a mere bagatelle
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
What on earth is America doing giving aid to them for? Israel I can see but not Palestine.I am contacting my congress woman.Hell I live here and didn't know that.Someone is gonna get an earful today.
Everyone gives them aid .( including the UK)
They are one of the most aided country in the world and have been for decades
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 10:01 PM

I fear that if Israel goes, our democracies will go with her.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 10:27 PM

Israel has nuclear weapons going under is not an option unless the Middle east wants to end in a holocaust we in Europe taught Jews how to practice.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top