Join for free
Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 05:16 PM

Re: French Fishermen Threaten to stop UK Exports

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
And, did you cherry-negotiate the options you wanted?
Did the EU? Oh yes, with everything they wanted in the Surrender Agreement from our weak-willed British Prime Minister, to our disgust.

No wonder the British public were so aghast at the blatant contempt the EU held Britain in that programme, - "Brexit - Behind Closed Doors". where we witnessed the EU negotiating team sniggering amongst themselves around the table, and smugly admitting they had everything they wanted from Theresa May.
That programme alone must have resulted in many previous remain voters changing their minds. Such open arrogance was eye-opening.

Still, I guess that is water under the bridge now. You are dealing with a different Government, a different Prime Minister, a different negotiating team (if negotiations take place). What is to be, will be, but it will be on an equal footing from now on, not the EU's bullying way.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Did the EU? Oh yes, with everything they wanted in the Surrender Agreement from our weak-willed British Prime Minister, to our disgust.

No wonder the British public were so aghast at the blatant contempt the EU held Britain in that programme, - "Brexit - Behind Closed Doors". where we witnessed the EU negotiating team sniggering amongst themselves around the table, and smugly admitting they had everything they wanted from Theresa May.
That programme alone must have resulted in many previous remain voters changing their minds. Such open arrogance was eye-opening.

Still, I guess that is water under the bridge now. You are dealing with a different Government, a different Prime Minister, a different negotiating team (if negotiations take place). What is to be, will be, but it will be on an equal footing from now on, not the EU's bullying way.

I keep saying it, negotiating time is over. Ever since december 2018.
You (britain) signed a deal. An honest people would honour it instead of keep going on it is not the cherries you were lied about. Blame that on boris and nigel.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:30 PM

You (britain) signed a deal. An honest people would honour it instead of keep going on it is not the cherries you were lied about. Blame that on boris and nigel.
If negotiating time is over, so be it. New government, new rules. Take it or leave it, entirely up to you (the EU). No further need be said about it. The ball is firmly in your court!

As for the UK being an honest nation? Our problem was that we were too honest, too trusting. We expected the same, stupid us. We didn't realise we were dealing with such a dishonest, coniving and corrupt organisation.

Not too late though, thankfully.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:31 PM

Hi

This is what you misunderstand.

Barnier negotiated the Withdrawal Agreement on behalf of the EU.

It then had to be approved by the EU Council of Ministers before it was officially ratified by the EU.

It was.

Theresa May negotiated the Withdrawal Agreement on behalf of the UK.

It then had to be approved by the UK Parliament before it was officially ratified by the UK.

It was not approved, it was turned down 3 times.

It was rejected, not ratified.

It therefore does not exist anymore.

It is not a matter of the UK ratting on the agreement, the fact is we rejected it.

To suggest that we have been dishonest is just plain wrong.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:33 PM

No - we did not sign anything. The Withdrawal Treaty (or the Alcatraz Agreement as I like to call it) was never signed but eh UK Parliament, it was in fact voted down 3 times in the house of commons.

But I fully understand your remorse, the crying and bitterness from the EU 27. We are off on 31st October and you will just be collateral damage.

Bye !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
We have to Leave and we need to make a success of it.
I agree, and I'm far more confident that we shall regain our sovereignty now that Boris is in charge.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I trust Farage far more than I trust Boris, I was hoping for a complete new start to our Politics.
Yes, I'm sure that Nigel's party would advantageously replace our present parties, none of which have instilled any confidence in me for years since Maggie was stabbed in the back...

until Boris came along, of course!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree, and I'm far more confident that we shall regain our sovereignty now that Boris is in charge.

Yes, I'm sure that Nigel's party would advantageously replace our present parties, none of which have instilled any confidence in me for years since Maggie was stabbed in the back...

until Boris came along, of course!
I still would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when there was that meeting between Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Stanley Johnson in that restaurant in London a few months ago...
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:45 PM

@Solly.

With all due respect, has it still not dawned on you that you're not changing anyone's mind?

Pi$$ing in the wind?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
no - we did not sign anything. The withdrawal treaty (or the alcatraz agreement as i like to call it) was never signed but eh uk parliament, it was in fact voted down 3 times in the house of commons.

But i fully understand your remorse, the crying and bitterness from the eu 27. We are off on 31st october and you will just be collateral damage.

Bye !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I still would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when there was that meeting between Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson and Stanley Johnson in that restaurant in London a few months ago...
Me too.

I do believe that Nigel and Boris could work well together to ensure Brexit.

Moreover, they could work together afterwards too if only Boris could bring Nigel on board. He has skills which Boris would find useful including, in my opinion, his public speaking abilities and his direct experiences of working in the EU Parliament.

Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top