Join for free
Page 84 of 505 « First < 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 08:51 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Yes it’s looking like it’s community transmission now.https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...in-uk-11949250

I’ve been out food shopping today , young woman coughing up and down several aisles in one supermarket while carrying groceries in her arms .
I feel pure rage when this happens . Felt like saying something to her but bit my tongue .
Sainsburys were low on anti bacterial pump handwash ,not so scenty stuff . Tissues looked low , toilet rolls ok .
I have 7 packs x 24 rolls in , one can never have too many .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Is it officially out of control now?

Do we really have to spend the next two months in self isolation getting off on off.

I haven't spent the whole day in doors since I was feeling under the weather back in '79.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Is it officially out of control now?

Do we really have to spend the next two months in self isolation getting off on off.

I haven't spent the whole day in doors since I was feeling under the weather back in '79.
Today’s figures show the way this is going to go ? Only to be expected .
I’ve cut down on time going out and about . You’ll have to take up an indoor hobby d00d , jigsaws maybe ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 09:35 PM

Meanwhile...
...sales in the High Street are up for a change!

If I need loo rolls and find the shelves empty I'm not going to be amused!

No need for all this panic buying, it's not WW3!.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

No need for all this panic buying, it's not WW3!.
WW3 is scheduled for next month TessA!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Yes it’s looking like it’s community transmission now.https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...in-uk-11949250

I’ve been out food shopping today , young woman coughing up and down several aisles in one supermarket while carrying groceries in her arms .
I feel pure rage when this happens . Felt like saying something to her but bit my tongue .
Sainsburys were low on anti bacterial pump handwash ,not so scenty stuff . Tissues looked low , toilet rolls ok .
I have 7 packs x 24 rolls in , one can never have too many .

I honestly don't understand the rage about anti-bacterial handwash. It is after all a virus and antiseptics are nowt to do with killing that. I found all the anti bacterial handwipes and dettol aisles empty yesterday but of course most of the baby wipes are still full.

IMO the likelihood of transmitting the virus to yourself by touching a surface and then cleaning with a regular handwipe or washing hands in plain soap and water is likely to be zero.

If the virus doesn't live over 30 degrees then you can kill it on surfaces by wiping with a dishcloth of hot water. All this singing of happy birthday when washing hands is pointless in my view. It's not a cockroach but something that needs a host to survive and thrive. I mean honestly it's leading to people creating bottlenecks in the public loos. Then they leave and touch the door handle that's no doubt infected by those who haven't even washed their hands.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 09:58 PM

Norfolk is self-isolating - what's new?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-03-2020, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Today’s figures show the way this is going to go ? Only to be expected .
I’ve cut down on time going out and about . You’ll have to take up an indoor hobby d00d , jigsaws maybe ?
It's a good time to do a bit of gardening. If you don't have a garden create an indoor one with some veg seeds.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:02 PM

I wish I didn't have to go to work, I'm getting frightened. The company I work for is huge and hundreds work there. My job can't be done from home so I can't self isolate Have I already said this? Sorry if I have.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-03-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I wish I didn't have to go to work, I'm getting frightened. The company I work for is huge and hundreds work there. My job can't be done from home so I can't self isolate Have I already said this? Sorry if I have.
I'm sorry you can't work from home LQ. But the good thing is that if many do work from home then the risk to those who cannot should be greatly reduced.

Page 84 of 505 « First < 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top