Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 85 of 131 « First < 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 01:08 PM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
There was a mention of not seeing white faces, that is RACIST, what does it matter?
Must of missed that tbh I am surprised as I would usually pick up on something like that very quickly.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I've just been reading, what I thought a very interesting article, unfortunately I can't reproduce it here. Part of the article was an interview with an Albanian man, who managed to get to UK hiding in a lorry, but was found and flown back to Albania. He is now back camping on the cliffs in France waiting to be "smuggled" over by boat. He claims that at least 50 illegals have been getting into UK every week for years.

My questions are as follow, perhaps someone will have an answer to them, in fact I'm sure most people will, but I am doubtful any of your suggestions, will be just that, we are none of us in control of the UK government, no matter which party is in charge.

What makes people think that coming out of the EU will make any difference to illegal immigrants getting in, or attempting to get in?

If, as is often stated, these illegals are getting jobs and paid cash in hand, then why are the people who employ them not being hunted down and charged?

If, as is also stated, many illegals and eastern Europeans are doing jobs that the British won't do, i.e. agricultural, restaurant work and other low paid jobs, why do people complain their jobs are being taken, when they won't do the jobs in the first place ?

Why does the UK blame the EU for everything when most of the time it's the UK itself who do what other European countries don't?

Considering the fact that very many areas of the UK are now populated by people, who despite having been born in the UK, have their roots firmly entrenched elsewhere, do you seriously believe the UK can "go it alone?"

I admit I don't.
From what I understand we down graded our own defences and rely on placing officers in France to me that is a grave mistake we must shore up our own defences.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
What makes people think that coming out of the EU will make any difference to illegal immigrants getting in, or attempting to get in?
Has anyone said it will Loretta, if people are determined to pay smuggler to get in and even risk their lives under lorries some will get in.
What coming out of the EU should help to prevent is large numbers of unskilled economic migrants some of whom are entering the country legally like this chap mentioned here...

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The astounding thing is he came over here in September and couldn't get a proper job and somewhere to live so what does he do, he goes home to Romania and comes back with his wife and 5 children. Madness .
I can't believe it either Muddy there must be lots of families in Birmingham desperate for a lovely house like that one.
Ok the wages are low in Romania but so is the cost of living it is all proportionate.
If the unskilled Romanian manages to get a job and pay tax we still have to fund housing benefit, schooling for 5 children, and healthcare cost for the whole family. The tax he pays would be only a small contribution towards this.
If he can't get a job and has to go home we will still have to pay the return fare for a family of 7 and the cost of extradition proceedings in addition to keeping them all for months.

This is just one family, they didn't sneak in here illegally they flew in and even had the paperwork for transferring schools from Romanian to England for five children .
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...765#post911765

Unskilled people from some EU countries are taking jobs which should go to our own unskilled unemployed. They are also taking our resources,houses, school healthcare etc like the man mentioned above who was given a 4 bedroom house in Birmingham. Some weeks later he still hadn't found a job but 'we' were still keeping the entire family of 7.

We should be restricting immigration to skilled people in those jobs where there is a shortage of suitable people.

The cake is only so big, we can't provide for everyone and at the moment we seem to be doing so to the detriment of some of the people born .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 01:31 PM

I bet the migrants do a better job than many Brits.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 01:32 PM

I am sure some do but those who can't get a job don't.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-06-2016, 01:42 PM

Now I see that as a bit racist, there are good workers and bad in every country, many many Brits can't get jobs to prove themselves. Other day an economic migrant was telling my colleague and I Brits won't do cleaning jobs, well we were just getting off our 3 hour shift doing just that CLEANING !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Now I see that as a bit racist,
I agree, rather hipocritical from one so pious...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 01:49 PM

Maybe they do and I am sure there are many Brits who do a better job than the migrants , but this isn't about who does the best job, it is about jobs that a British unemployed person could do, and thereby reduce the benefits that our government have to pay them. British taxpayers provide those benefits, so where the job is being done by somebody from a different country, it puts a further strain on our economy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 02:29 PM

Hi

In or out of the EU there are some jobs which depend on migrants.

We have visa free workers arriving for the sheep shearing season, UK sheep shearers travel abroad for other Countries sheep shearing seasons.

We have arrangements for temporary workers for the fruit and vegetable seasons, which makes sense to me, they are not permanent residents.

It would not do us any good whatsoever to alter these arrangements.

Agriculture in general has a problem, the young British do not seem to want it, it seems a nonsense to me that we have young unemployed who refuse to do these jobs.

Animals need feeding and tending everyday, they don't stop eating or laying eggs every weekend.

Unemployment here is less than 2%, I would love to see the young unemployed working, but they don't want to live in a small village in a Rural area, they want the bright lights.

At the present time, we rely on Migrants locally for these jobs.

I have no idea at all how we resolve this issue.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 02:56 PM

This thread has got very racist and unpleasant, imo. Britain has always had migrants; most of our ancestors were incomers! Black/white, and of whatever race or creed, there is no difference we are all humans
You little wind up Tara, chuck in a hand grenade and then you do one......Priceless!

But to address your comments:- Mainland Britain is the most densely populated country of all the other countries in the EU. Consequently we are among the most successful in terms of the economy. But to allow all and sundry free access to our shores will eventually mean that we reach tipping point. That is; For every newcomer we will require school places, access to medical care, services, such as Housing, Energy, Water and sewerage, Public Transport, more roads to accommodate the ever increasing number of cars and commercial vehicles (required to distribute food etc) and more civil servants to process the extra admin assuming they all get a NI number and start paying tax. Upon retirement all of these extra people will expect a state pension.

Eventually, as is the case now, the numbers of people receiving benefits and state pension will outnumber the workers who pay tax to support everyone. The symptoms of this are demonstrated now by the need to reduce state handouts in the shape of austerity. It's not 'Racism' to recognise the need to close the door until the fabric of society has a chance to catch up with the ever increasing population.

If the EU set a country aside to send everyone who claims benefit and refuses to work, including our own bunch of skiving wasters - Say Romania (because it's bugger all use for anything else) and the whole of the EU sent money to support them we could all enjoy prosperity in abundance, I for one would change my vote, but until that happens I'm an OUTER.....

Other solutions are available.......

Page 85 of 131 « First < 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top