Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2011, 11:47 PM

Re: Christmas

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
My Mom was the gregarious one, loved people, as the saying goes, there no such thing as a stranger, just a friend you haven't met yet. Dad was the quiet loner type, happiest at home after a days work with a smoke, drink and a good book, or later, some TV. Peace and quiet. I am Dad all over again.

Obviously I've missed some threads; I do enjoy the Games and sometimes get so involved playing them that I overlook something interesting.

I'm a childless only child with no significant other, only family is cousins on Dad's side I've never met.

You've just described my mum and dad to a T there, Eileen. Chalk and cheese, but they both had a wicked sense of humour and there were lots of laughs.

As you know, I'm also childless with no significant other now, so I can understand where you're coming from as well. However, when I do get the chance of spending time with somebody for a chat and a laugh, I grab it, most especially at this time of year when we can have somebody to reflect with and perhaps give each other comfort, but this should be all year round.

Cyber games hold no interest at all for me as I'd rather have a nice chat with folk about real things, so I don't bother with games.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 09:18 PM

I don't really like Christmas or New Year, I do what's expected of me at Christmas for the Grand kids but I hate New Year and make no secret of it. People know full well to leave me be then. I go to bed at my usual time, then If it's a nice day I'll get in the car and drive to the Beach and have a nice walk with the dog, then home to a big Hot Chocolate and my feet up in front of the Telly.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
You've just described my mum and dad to a T there, Eileen. Chalk and cheese, but they both had a wicked sense of humour and there were lots of laughs.

As you know, I'm also childless with no significant other now, so I can understand where you're coming from as well. However, when I do get the chance of spending time with somebody for a chat and a laugh, I grab it, most especially at this time of year when we can have somebody to reflect with and perhaps give each other comfort, but this should be all year round.

Cyber games hold no interest at all for me as I'd rather have a nice chat with folk about real things, so I don't bother with games.
Oh, not cyber games; the word games here are what I meant. I enjoy word play.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2011, 08:25 PM

With you there White Raven,hate New Years Eve, never stay up, worn out looking for the man who has as many noses as the days in the year,my Grannie told me about him, but I never saw him!.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top