Join for free
Page 9 of 38 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 08:05 AM

Re: Syria - US ships move in!

So very tiring and unending. Scenarios replayed over and over again over parts of the developing world. Cold war maybe over but there is a constant niggling between the super powers.

Russia is taking quite a stance against military action with some pretty ominous forceful rhetoric. On top of this there appears to be very little doubt that Syria's government are to blame. This puts the US and allies on red alert and they must be itching to punish them. We are talking major missile strikes on military basis more than likely. Bombarding weaponry supplied by Russia no-doubt. All extremely ominous sounding.

Syria crisis: UN inspectors renew chemical attack probe
(BBC News link)

PM returns to deal with Syria crisis
(BBC News link)
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
On top of this there appears to be very little doubt that Syria's government are to blame.

Syria crisis: UN inspectors renew chemical attack probe
(BBC News link)
Then why send in the un inspectors...

O there was also no doubt that IRAQ had WMDs.

Hope the powers that be tread with more care this time.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Then why send in the un inspectors...

O there was also no doubt that IRAQ had WMDs.

Hope the powers that be tread with more care this
time.

Since the UN Weapons Inspectors found no evidence WMD - what is your evidence to substantiate your allegation.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
So very tiring and unending. Scenarios replayed over and over again over parts of the developing world. Cold war maybe over but there is a constant niggling between the super powers.
Yes, it is tiresome - like a bunch of kids in the playground trying to see who is the biggest.

On top of this there appears to be very little doubt that Syria's government are to blame.
Bear in mind the lies told about the weapons of mass destruction were almost an absolute certainty before - they never did exist. All this fighting is pathetic.

This puts the US and allies on red alert and they must be itching to punish them. We are talking major missile strikes on military basis more than likely. Bombarding weaponry supplied by Russia no-doubt. All extremely ominous sounding.
I am convinced that they won't be happy until they start WWIII.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since the UN Weapons Inspectors found no evidence WMD - what is your evidence to substantiate your allegation.
Irony

Another link for u.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

Think most people taking in the whole context of my post would have gathered that I was being sarcastic, will have to start putting smillies after my posts.
sue_arnold
UK

27-08-2013, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->

Bear in mind the lies told about the weapons of mass destruction were almost an absolute certainty before - they never did exist. All this fighting is pathetic.

Spot on
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 12:03 PM

News from Downing St. this morning: considering military action, not good!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 12:43 PM

Probabley by the end of this week. A coalition of the US, UK and France is in place. My guess is that they are waiting for Turkey and the Arab League to joing then it's bombs away! OR rather Tomahawks away! Russia of course will not join. I understand they will not be targeting the CW stores as it would be too dangerous to the populace. NOR will they kill Assad because no one is really sure what is there to fill in the void. But everything else is fair game. Syria vows to defend itself.. Good luck..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Syria, reportedly has a very effective missile defence system in place. Whilst Obama, Cameron & Hollande may think Syria is going to be 'push over', I don't think they're going to find it as easy as their invasion of Iraq.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Probabley by the end of this week. A coalition of the US, UK and France is in place. My guess is that they are waiting for Turkey and the Arab League to joing then it's bombs away! OR rather Tomahawks away! Russia of course will not join. I understand they will not be targeting the CW stores as it would be too dangerous to the populace. NOR will they kill Assad because no one is really sure what is there to fill in the void. But everything else is fair game. Syria vows to defend itself.. Good luck..
Great

Page 9 of 38 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top