Join for free
Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 03:53 PM

Re: EU About to Block Vaccine For the UK.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

It's what they call INERTIA JBR !
" Resistance to change of direction"
It's quite important in physics, and seemingly in business too ??
Oh, I don't know. If a business is unable to change direction when necessary, I'd say that that business is heading for failure!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 03:59 PM

On that list of "smart tariffs" Zaphod posted about 2 pages back, I would like to add olive oil producers, passata, bottled water, prosciutto, parmigiana, and dried pasta. This would add Greek, Spanish and Italian companies to the mainly French and German companies being "potentially" hit.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I don't know. If a business is unable to change direction when necessary, I'd say that that business is heading for failure!
Exactly that JBR !!
But that's partly why UK is so dependant on the financial sector
now , it seems to be inherent in UK businesses these days early?

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 04:05 PM

EU to widen criteria for possible Covid vaccine export bans

"The EU is expected to take into account the level of vaccination coverage in a country such as the UK and its record in facilitating exports to the bloc when deciding on whether to prohibit individual vaccine shipments."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...cine-shipments

They're getting crazier and crazier if they seriously think that they can dictate like this without it having severe repercussions.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
On that list of "smart tariffs" Zaphod posted about 2 pages back, I would like to add bottled water, prosciutto, parmigiana, and dried pasta. This would add Italian companies to the mainly French and German companies being "potentially" hit.
Just apply it to the whole shebang !!
Then our importers will have more incentive to venture further
to obtain their stock ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 04:11 PM

Just apply it to the whole shebang !!
Then our importers will have more incentive to venture further
to obtain their stock ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Then they wouldn't be Smart Tariffs would they? Surely, the whole point of smart tariffs is to target particular market sectors that will cause the most upset at the manufacturing level.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-03-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
EU to widen criteria for possible Covid vaccine export bans

"The EU is expected to take into account the level of vaccination coverage in a country such as the UK and its record in facilitating exports to the bloc when deciding on whether to prohibit individual vaccine shipments."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...cine-shipments

They're getting crazier and crazier if they seriously think that they can dictate like this without it having severe repercussions.
That would mean that any particular country could NEVER complete
it's vaccination programme without being sanctioned ???
For once you make sense Zaph !!🤗🤗

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-03-2021, 04:16 PM

Then they wouldn't be Smart Tariffs would they? Surely, the whole point of smart tariffs is to target particular market sectors that will cause the most upset at the manufacturing level.
Same effect though Percy ain't it?
After all, a smart phone ain't really so smart is it?? LOL!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 04:20 PM

That would mean that any particular country could NEVER complete
it's vaccination programme without being sanctioned ???
For once you make sense Zaph !!🤗🤗

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
For once you understand a post of mine, well done.

The EU "playing God" like this is not likely to be well-received here or anywhere around the world.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

23-03-2021, 04:26 PM

On that list of "smart tariffs" Zaphod posted about 2 pages back, I would like to add olive oil producers, passata, bottled water, prosciutto, parmigiana, and dried pasta. This would add Greek, Spanish and Italian companies to the mainly French and German companies being "potentially" hit.
Heh heh heh.

I think we're heading towards a very interesting few days.
While I'm sure many of us already knew what the EU's temperament was, they're now showing the world their true colours and it isn't a good look.

Unless they back down completely (which is unlikely because they hate to be seen to lose face) it's looking more and more like their own failures are going to lead to an escalating dispute with us which then leads to the possibility of a refusal by the EU to ratify the Brexit deal.

Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top