Join for free
Page 9 of 31 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 12:55 PM

Re: Flirting before bonding on this site

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I think online flirting on forums is called Florting. I could be wrong, cos I made it up.
You're right .... you're wrong.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yeah bollox to all this. We're not even bonding now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, l wonder what the flirter’s spouses think but l suppose it’s their little secret!
Of course.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Gherkins look worse
They look alien to me.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:43 PM

Oh my! I've been reading through this thread and have been thoroughly entertained.

To answer Artangel's question as to what I meant (because I'm American and different words have different meanings) by flirting or banter:

bantering is tossing words back and forth, taking nothing seriously, yet getting a feel for another person's personality, and their overall take on different subjects.

flirting, in the manner I meant, is teasing in a gentle manner, "Flirting with disaster" is an example. I have never heard the term "chatting someone up", but I get the gist of it. Flirting can be taken in many ways and given in many forms, depending on the individual.

I have flirted all my life, but those who know me, know I mean nothing by it. It does a body good to flirt now and again, gets the pheromones going and lets us know we are alive and well.

One more thing, I did not mean to infer that any married folks are being "hit on" (chatted up) in any way other than a light hearted manner here. I truly enjoy both the banter and the flirting on this forum.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No need to be so defensive Tara ... it was only a bit of fun.

Yes, I know you don't find it funny but you can take things too much too heart.
I don't take anything on forums to heart as such, I state my opinions, and if people don't like them, I certainly don't loose any sleep over it. Forums, as I have stated boringly often, are just a displacement activity and not an important part of my life.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I've been on this forum for two months, mostly observing the interaction of both males and females. I like what I see for the most part. There seems to be genuine flirting, caring, concern and bonding between members. The women make me smile with the teasing among themselves, and the support they offer up when the guys begin trying their hand at flirting is part of what makes this forum work.

Over 50, or 60, or 70 doesn't slow us down at connecting in all the ways that make for warm and geniune relationships.

Do you agree? Care to share anything, because I've got the time to be entertained.

Ok youv'e "pulled". Your place or mine?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Ok youv'e "pulled". Your place or mine?
Now THAT'S the spirit I am talking about, realspeed!

You've got a smile, I've got a smile on and no harm done.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
realspeed!
He doesn't waste any time.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
p.s Names have been deliberately avoided so as not to spoil
any current plotting or escape plans
Solo, you are such a hoot. I love reading what you have to say, you always add something funny.....

Page 9 of 31 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top