Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 03:31 AM

Re: White Lives Don't Matter

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Surfermom generally I do agree with you but for some people it’s not silliness . The world sad to say judges in the first instance on looks so it does matter To those born blessed with good looks life is easier people respond to them favourably so they in turn respond positively .A child learns that looks ,colour nose size hair etc are attributes that do matter to others as soon as it starts school .I agree that good parents teach their children they are valued for themselves but with the best will in the world not all people are strong and resilience they didn’t choose their looks or colour.
I for one would not like to be born black and definitely not in America .
Straight away you start life with a disadvantage,.
All those black people who have done well were exceptional people .
How many more
Fall by the wayside or live sad hard lives.
Hi, Muddy. I so appreciate your thoughtful response, and value your opinions. A forum isn't a forum if we can't discuss viewpoints, and yours are excellent.

I should clarify. The silliness that I was referring to was actually in regards for the reaction from the white community for this member of BLM movement who allegedly called for the slavery of white people. Using hyperbole and throwing a tantrum to get attention followed by anyone taking her literally is absurd to the point of being silly. My apologies for not elaborating better.

I certainly don't believe that the issues that people have in regards to bias and prejudice are in any way silly. If anything good can come from George Floyd's death, it is that we are once again talking about the ongoing problems as prejudice, the poverty, and crime.

The one note one which I disagree, is that the only successful people of color in America are exceptional. A large and growing number of blacks are part of the middle class The problem is that the percentage is not higher, particularly among males. Issues surrounding wage and hiring gaps remain.

The challenges of being a person of color are complex, but not impossible to overcome and are not ignored in this country. Issues related to the micro culture, elementary education, and healthcare are at the top of the list of concerns.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 04:05 AM

Hi

I have to disagree with many.

I do not believe in the Death Penalty for anyone captured.

We are better than that.

i do not believe either in the American Enforcement Systems.

Yes, far more carry guns.

So what?

Here in the UK we also have people carrying guns and using them.

We deal with them differently, we use very effective non lethal methods of dealing with them.

It is a Culture thing.

You do not have to fire lethally first.

That is a last resort and has to be approved by a very Senior Officer.

There is absolutely no need to fire multiple shots at a suspect.

It push comes to shove, one is enough.

There is absolutely no need to put seven into the back of a suspect.

The only time we use more than one is when we have a suspect who moves when we have intelligence is carrying a suicide bomb.

We have only ever made such a mistake once in our entire history.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have to disagree with many.

I do not believe in the Death Penalty for anyone captured.

We are better than that.

i do not believe either in the American Enforcement Systems.

Yes, far more carry guns.

So what?

Here in the UK we also have people carrying guns and using them.

We deal with them differently, we use very effective non lethal methods of dealing with them.

It is a Culture thing.

You do not have to fire lethally first.

That is a last resort and has to be approved by a very Senior Officer.

There is absolutely no need to fire multiple shots at a suspect.

It push comes to shove, one is enough.

There is absolutely no need to put seven into the back of a suspect.

The only time we use more than one is when we have a suspect who moves when we have intelligence is carrying a suicide bomb.

We have only ever made such a mistake once in our entire history.
Even that was the victims fault.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Even that was the victims fault.
Isnt it allways??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Isnt it allways??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Almost always.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Isnt it allways??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Trouble is, DM, that we get the real facts in dribs and drabs.

They often start out with a newspaper report, sensationalised to the nth degree, which tells us that someone committed a huge criminal act (usually aimed at police officers).

Then, as the heat settles, we get further little gems like "the victim was high on drugs" or "the victim pointed a gun".

So the blame swings from the crim to the police, then back to the crim and, when all the facts finally come in the Press have moved on to the next scare story & don't follow up.

Bottom line?

I feel sorry for the police (especially in the UK) as I fear that some will be "just doing the job as trained" but that won't matter.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

They often start out with a newspaper report, sensationalised to the nth degree, which tells us that someone committed a huge criminal act (usually aimed at police officers).

Then, as the heat settles, we get further little gems like "the victim was high on drugs" or "the victim pointed a gun".

So the blame swings from the crim to the police, then back to the crim and, when all the facts finally come in the Press have moved on to the next scare story & don't follow up.

Bottom line?

I feel sorry for the police (especially in the UK) as I fear that some will be "just doing the job as trained" but that won't matter.
So do I, the poor buggers get it in the neck if they do wrong and if they do right. They can't seem to win these days.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Bottom line?

Oh lm not anti police at allTed, l am derinitely anti bad police if
that makes sense??
I think that when they recruit cops they should be tested to see
what their reactions are when under stress before choosing who
qualifies, also physique should play a part as well, especially now
that dealing with demostrations is such a big part of policing?
Perhaps they should form special squads to deal with this in each
district?
And above all the leadership needs to have confidence in its men
and back them up completely politically as well??
Which does'nt allways happen in uk l believe !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-08-2020, 03:35 PM

People get the police they deserve. Go figure.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 05:18 PM

The adage has many variations.

Finding the right calibre of people up for the challenges not as easy as you might expect.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top