Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 05:33 AM

Re: China reminds australia

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
How did you guess Keezoy!

Just a hunch..... BTW it's me that's writing the book. I'll tell you about it via email.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 05:34 AM

Ref:the mouse plague.
Apparently the harvested grain was left in large piles with just a tarpaulin type covering and not stored in silos at the time.It's not surprising the local rodents thought that a good idea.
Now whether China would be that unorganized I don't know.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Don't forget that when Britain joined the EEC we were all hit down here. Suddenly preferential tariffs were dropped with little warning for a few years it was tough developing new markets (we also saw a sudden lack of British cars and machinery as we reciprocated the tariffs).
If it's any consolation, many of us didn't want to join the EU and are glad that we're out of it - well, half out of it. (Thanks Boris, can we leave now please?)
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If it's any consolation, many of us didn't want to join the EU and are glad that we're out of it - well, half out of it. (Thanks Boris, can we leave now please?)

THat is well appreciated now. I honestly pass no judgement. IT was an event of it's times. Now is now and that's that. If we can get some good market exchange with the UK now...Bring it on. We wanted that with China too but they are behaving like total arseholes under Xi and blaming us for everything. Despite them having cheerleaders and stooges like Todger in the west... They will not walk over us..ever.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
THat is well appreciated now. I honestly pass no judgement. IT was an event of it's times. Now is now and that's that. If we can get some good market exchange with the UK now...Bring it on. We wanted that with China too but they are behaving like total arseholes under Xi and blaming us for everything. Despite them having cheerleaders and stooges like Todger in the west... They will not walk over us..ever.
I don't see any advantage in attempting to stand up to China militarily. We wouldn't win, but neither would they!

What could be done is the placing of tariffs on their exports, not only by the UK but also by all other countries who oppose their expansionism - including even our enemies, the EU!

Lack of sales worldwide would hit the Chinese harder than anything.
keezoy
Australia

13-06-2021, 11:11 AM

I don't see any advantage in attempting to stand up to China militarily. We wouldn't win, but neither would they!

What could be done is the placing of tariffs on their exports, not only by the UK but also by all other countries who oppose their expansionism - including even our enemies, the EU!

Sure. That wouldn't be much of a sacrifice. Most of what they export is garbage anyway. The west just needs to stop eating the lotus. You read The Odyssey by Homer?..That says it all.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 11:31 AM

You seem a very angry man for a 'retired psychologist' keezoy. I thought you blokes thought everything through and kept their cool under difficult situations.......
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 11:36 AM

One perception i have, about the Chinese, is that, when their growing population overflows, into other Countries, which it seems to do regularly, you don't hear much talk about them bringing their Politics, i.e. Communism, with them.

That might confirm that they are, really, escaping the Regime.

On the other hand, many from other Countries are also busy repopulating, for the example, to the UK, and they are determined to bring with them whatever fanaticism they have!

I'm not sure what immigration policies are, now, in place in Oz & NZ, but I'm sure that there will be better controls than ours!

Question I have, for Oz & NZ, is - to what degree are the incomers trying to take over the Religion & Politics?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
One perception i have, about the Chinese, is that, when their growing population overflows, into other Countries, which it seems to do regularly, you don't hear much talk about them bringing their Politics, i.e. Communism, with them.

That might confirm that they are, really, escaping the Regime.

On the other hand, many from other Countries are also busy repopulating, for the example, to the UK, and they are determined to bring with them whatever fanaticism they have!

I'm not sure what immigration policies are, now, in place in Oz & NZ, but I'm sure that there will be better controls than ours!

Question I have, for Oz & NZ, is - to what degree are the incomers trying to take over the Religion & Politics?
A very good point Ted, I regularly meet an elderly Chinese couple while out walking and they are the most friendly, well mannered and polite people you would ever want to meet...
keezoy
Australia

13-06-2021, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You seem a very angry man for a 'retired psychologist' keezoy. I thought you blokes thought everything through and kept their cool under difficult situations.......
Whatever you think's a fair thing mate. I'd be more than happy to respond in a civil way to that but I have a hunch that's not what you're looking for. Call it a "retired psychologists" intuition. ..

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top