Join for free
Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 11:33 PM

Re: Bus Depot.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So you, pooh poohed the idea?
Yep. Flushed it down the pan.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

16-07-2021, 11:13 AM

Really sad to see such a lovely member swarmed like this. Could understand if they were right and she was wrong, but in my opinion, it's exactly the opposite. I also have a feeling that certain members just don't like Pauline, and are taking the opportunity to stick the boot in. If this is the case, then it's absolutely disgraceful.

If Pauline felt threatened or humiliated in any way, then not only does she have the right to report it, she has a duty to report it. If she felt threatened in any way, then it would actually qualify as a police matter because using threatening behaviour is against the law.

The bus driver may have behaved like this on previous occasions. Formal complaints are logged. Offenders are dealt with by their managers. All this helps to ensure that other customers don't suffer the same kind of abuse.

Pauline, if I were you, then I would write a detailed report/complaint about the incident/driver. This in itself will make you feel much better. I would then let the matter rest for a week. By this time, you will have decided whether the matter is worth pursuing.

Sounds to me like the driver was in a bad mood about something, Pauline. Sounds like he went way over the top, and you were perfectly right to retaliate. But like I said, write out your report/complaint, then leave it in your bottom drawer for a week. You may even have forgot about it by then!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Really sad to see such a lovely member swarmed like this. Could understand if they were right and she was wrong, but in my opinion, it's exactly the opposite. I also have a feeling that certain members just don't like Pauline, and are taking the opportunity to stick the boot in. If this is the case, then it's absolutely disgraceful.

If Pauline felt threatened or humiliated in any way, then not only does she have the right to report it, she has a duty to report it. If she felt threatened in any way, then it would actually qualify as a police matter because using threatening behaviour is against the law.

The bus driver may have behaved like this on previous occasions. Formal complaints are logged. Offenders are dealt with by their managers. All this helps to ensure that other customers don't suffer the same kind of abuse.

Pauline, if I were you, then I would write a detailed report/complaint about the incident/driver. This in itself will make you feel much better. I would then let the matter rest for a week. By this time, you will have decided whether the matter is worth pursuing.

Sounds to me like the driver was in a bad mood about something, Pauline. Sounds like he went way over the top, and you were perfectly right to retaliate. But like I said, write out your report/complaint, then leave it in your bottom drawer for a week. You may even have forgot about it by then!

U G C....I have handed it over to my son, he couldn’t believe what I told him.

He will be sending the bus company a email...I said it was trivial, his reply to me, I couldn’t repeat he was fuming..especially in front of so many passengers, he also said no wonder you reacted mum.

I also have found quite a few bus drivers are extremely rude, but we have some lovely ones as well...which make up for the miserable ones,

Quite a few on here don’t like me...but it doesn’t bother me...I am part of this forum and will remain so,
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:24 AM

Having said that Ukgc, and with no disrespect to Pauline, none of us were actually there and we're only hearing one side of the events.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Having said that Ukgc, and with no disrespect to Pauline, none of us were actually there and we're only hearing one side of the events.
It happened as I explained...if you doubt that, then that’s just your opinion.

I think I would have tripped up by now, if it was a made up story, this was real and that’s how it happened.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:29 AM

I am not questioning pauline's account; she may well have a legitimate grievance, and I don't doubt that she believes she has. But, without hearing the other side of the story -the driver's account- you, or any of us, are not in a position to judge.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

16-07-2021, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
U G C....I have handed it over to my son, he couldn’t believe what I told him.

He will be sending the bus company a email...I said it was trivial, his reply to me, I couldn’t repeat he was fuming..especially in front of so many passengers, he also said no wonder you reacted mum.

I also have found quite a few bus drivers are extremely rude, but we have some lovely ones as well...which make up for the miserable ones,
When my brothers, sister and I were younger, my Mum wouldn't have dared tell us about anything like that!

On a more positive note for bus drivers in general, all I can remember are smiles, courtesy and really helpful assistance!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

16-07-2021, 11:34 AM

delete. Error made.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

16-07-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I am not questioning pauline's account; she may well have a legitimate grievance, and I don't doubt that she believes she has. But, without hearing the other side of the story -the driver's account- you, or any of us, are not in a position to judge.
Hence the reason why I used conditional statements rather than assertions.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-07-2021, 11:37 AM

When my brothers, sister and I were younger, my Mum wouldn't have dared tell us about anything like that!

On a more positive note for bus drivers in general, all I can remember are smiles, courtesy and really helpful assistance!

I should have kept my mouth shut regarding my son,

Days have changed my friend, some of them are rude, and miserable ...many are lovely and a great laugh.

I’m not sure if it’s policy, but one driver talks to me the minute I get on until the minute I get off,

You get to know the regular drivers after a while.

I edited my post a few replies up, i mentioned a members name and shouldn’t have, my apologies.

Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top