Join for free
Page 92 of 276 « First < 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:37 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well I find myself in the same situation as I was once in before: awaiting MRI results - it didn't go so well last time.

No problems this time with arm movement but I've noticed my neck and back being very stiff outside - making it difficult to turn my head and see if any cars are coming. And my gait is different.

I'll walk what I think is a straight line but I'm actually veering to the left and have to correct myself. Similarly, in the house, I'm always misjudging distances and banging into furniture (not too painfully but enough so that I notice it.)

Tomorrow the Consultant won't have the CT scan results as I was too ill to go but he'll have my bloods and my MRI results - enough to tell him whether the original tumour has gone, or metastasised into different places. I don't feel too confident, but I should sleep tonight; I've learned to sleep when I can as I await these results. I'm exactly halfway through the R-CHOP therapy + Methotetraxe treatment so he should have some idea as to how I'm doing.

I keep telling myself that I've been here before, but I haven't - that was a far easier to treat cancer; this is something quite different.
Ffosse, the test results are the worst part, I do hope it is the best news for you. I remember how nervous I was seeing the consultant last time and when I got the news that two of the tumours had shrunk, I could have kissed him! Although my CT scan is tomorrow, it is a few weeks before I see the consultant again.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:41 PM

I missed my CT scan - was too ill to go last week - hoping he has enough information from all the bloods plus the MRI.

It's late afternoon, too, which means I'll be waiting an hour.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:44 PM

TBH, Sweetie Pie, I'm ready for a hospice, if not soon, then at least this year. I'm having difficulty managing the ten or so steps that lead up to my house. The only time I'm truly content is when I'm asleep.
Ffosse, I’ve noticed that, like me, you have good days and bad days. I try to make a note of when in my chemo cycle my bad days when I feel weary and sleepy are, and avoid doing too much. My good days, I get my shopping and chores done!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Ffosse, the test results are the worst part, I do hope it is the best news for you. I remember how nervous I was seeing the consultant last time and when I got the news that two of the tumours had shrunk, I could have kissed him! Although my CT scan is tomorrow, it is a few weeks before I see the consultant again.
I know this post is not for me Val. I wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow.
I see you have some good news too.
Keep us posted.
Val J
East Yorkshire

21-05-2018, 08:18 PM

Thank you Sweetie. I don’t mind who reads or answers my posts, it is so good of you to support us when I know you have worries of your own.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Thank you Sweetie. I don’t mind who reads or answers my posts, it is so good of you to support us when I know you have worries of your own.
My worries are nowhere near as bad as yours and Dreamy.
I will always support you both, no matter what.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 04:32 PM

My latest MRI scan is good: no signs of any tumours up and down my whole spine. The Consultant did say that there was a build up of (probably) lymphatic fluid around my neck but he's not worried about it.

Then we re-arranged the CT scan which I missed to the 12th of June - that week is very busy now with 4 things on.

Tomorrow i go for my regular chemo; once it's done I'll have completed more than half the course including the Methotextrate treatment. I still wish that I didn't have to go into hospital for that again.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 04:36 PM

That's very good news Ffosse. More than half way through the treatment means the end is in sight. Stay strong.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-05-2018, 04:40 PM

My latest MRI scan is good: no signs of any tumours up and down my whole spine. The Consultant did say that there was a build up of (probably) lymphatic fluid around my neck but he's not worried about it.

Then we re-arranged the CT scan which I missed to the 12th of June - that week is very busy now with 4 things on.

Tomorrow i go for my regular chemo; once it's done I'll have completed more than half the course including the Methotextrate treatment. I still wish that I didn't have to go into hospital for that again.
That is good Dreamy. Was the fluid causing the dizziness?
You seem more positive today. That is good, as chemo tomorrow. Half way, so that is at least something.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

22-05-2018, 04:43 PM

I hope that is all the treatment I'll need - it's been exhausting so far and don't think I could face a 3rd round of chemo after this one.

Page 92 of 276 « First < 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top