Join for free
Page 93 of 164 « First < 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 09:48 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well I've booked my covid vaccine for later this week. My invitation finally came through. If I don't post next week you will know that it's because I'm a goner or the aliens have abducted me or the microchip has gotten to my brain.

However, as a good friend pointed out 24m have been vaccinated in the UK so far and I haven't heard 24m of our population have died since....
If you are right-handed, have the injection in your left arm.

Then, if your arm drops off you'll still be able to type.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If you are right-handed, have the injection in your left arm.

Then, if your arm drops off you'll still be able to type.
HAHA thanks for the tip! Although I've been told we can still communicate with electronic devices using the microchip
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 10:05 PM

HAHA thanks for the tip! Although I've been told we can still communicate with electronic devices using the microchip
Well yet, I suppose it must be very useful having a microchip built into your brain.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 01:39 PM

SIL had his AZ vaccination yesterday, arm felt sore after, which can be expected. He's gone into work this morning and my daughter had a message from him saying he is aching all over now. Good job he took his Paracetemols with him. Another of his work colleagues had the same jab yesterday and has the same symptoms today.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 06:10 PM

We have reached phase 1b which includes us over 70 year olds. I checked the web site and there were a few local clinics offering the jab, but I will wait for the initial rush to subside.

https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility

There is also a consent form that has to be signed (all four pages of it)

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/defa...cination_3.pdf

The certificate of vaccination should pop up on the Medicare part of the MyGov app.

There is one community case of Covid in Sydney and one in Brisbane so there is no urgency.

Ho hum!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 04:43 PM

Just heard from my son in Wales, he has been given an appointment for his first jab next Monday!

It came as a shock to him as he wasn't expecting it for another month or so what with the shortage of vaccines. He's 47 so really pleased.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 05:25 PM

Well I was recovering from my jab last night and this morning. Wow! what a reaction I had. Every muscle and joint hurting. I felt so rough and spent most of the day in bed. I had a dry mouth too so had to keep hydrated and mild palpitations in the night. Like flu but more scary because you don't know when it will end or whether it will get worse. Then my temperature went slightly above normal and the pain and suffering came to an end. I'm still delicate but managed to have a bath and eat something. What a rollercoaster. Feel a bit achy but "normal" just hope it doesn't come back.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 05:35 PM

Well I was recovering from my jab last night and this morning. Wow! what a reaction I had. Every muscle and joint hurting. I felt so rough and spent most of the day in bed. I had a dry mouth too so had to keep hydrated and mild palpitations in the night. Like flu but more scary because you don't know when it will end or whether it will get worse. Then my temperature went slightly above normal and the pain and suffering came to an end. I'm still delicate but managed to have a bath and eat something. What a rollercoaster. Feel a bit achy but "normal" just hope it doesn't come back.
Sorry to hear you had a reaction, glad to hear younon the mend though. Rest up x
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 06:15 PM

People receiving the AZ vaccine are being told by them to seek medical advice if they have a headache for longer than 4 days .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 06:26 PM

Annie I had the AZ jab and felt much the same for 16-18 hours, but it much improved through the next day. Try to rest & take paracetamol to ease the symptoms. I also felt tired but had a good nights sleep the next night & I was then OK. It is scary, so pamper yourself for a couple of days.

Page 93 of 164 « First < 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top