Join for free
Page 18 of 23 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 07:25 PM

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Cannabis has been decriminalised in the UK so get used to it.
Since when?

And being as the OP asked our opinion.."Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness"....we are allowed to say...no it isn't 'right' if that is our opinion.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 07:58 PM

Re: Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Since when?

And being as the OP asked our opinion.."Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness"....we are allowed to say...no it isn't 'right' if that is our opinion.
Since it became a police officers discretion whether to arrest or not.
Since possesion could be dealt with by way of a street caution.
How many criminal offences can be dealt with like this, in this way?

As for opinions....of course we are allowed to express an opinion....which I did.

The op asked for an opinion.......a constructive debate.......for one I found the lack of empathy quite cruel....the emphatic response that no matter the reason for taking a drug she'd "grass" them up abd thise that take drugs are scum......very helpful.

and that is MY opinion.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 08:08 PM

I still don't know who Diane is
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I still don't know who Diane is
Its my night time name.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Right Ho. I'm here now.

FIRSTLY, let me make it absolutely clear to Pumicetone (mustn't 'meddle' with his name), that I have NOT refused to admit my error, NOR have I refused to apologise. So can we we clear that bit up first.

SECONDLY, The REASON I have not apologised is simply because I haven't been back on this thread for several pages so was totally unaware that I had caused WW3. I had moved on, and it s pity one or two others haven't been able to.

THIRDLY, Yes Pumicestone, I made ONE GENUINE ERROR, all 6 piddly letters of it, but it shouldn't have happened. It certainly was not intentional and being as I haven't been back to this thread, I had no idea I had done wrong even.
I have apologised to the two members concerned both privately, and now publicly. I do not owe anyone else an apology.

FOURTHLY, Pumicestone gets over excited sometimes, and tries to shame me every so often with totally irrelevant things like throwing in the number of posts I have made since joining the forum, and saying I refused to apologise, and I meddle with names - things like that.

I don't know why he does it, why this insatiable desire to make me look bad, but Pumicestone I am saying to you now, it is getting a little tiresome.
He has even been into my albums on my profile page recently and publicly cricised a photo of my beautiful old German Shepherd standing up against me trying to give me a kiss on the nose. WHY?
Pummy, you never used to be like this, what have I done?

I do hope this post brings WW3 to a close, and one last time -

I AM SORRY FOR SAYING 'DONGLE' INSTEAD OF LONGFELLOW!!!!!!
Thank you Mups but as I said in my PM to you, you have no reason to apologise. I certainly have not taken offence to anything you have posted (ever).

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 08:41 PM

Burning question why is an Essex boy following Boro ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 09:25 PM

As for opinions....of course we are allowed to express an opinion....which I did.

The op asked for an opinion.......a constructive debate.......for one I found the lack of empathy quite cruel....the emphatic response that no matter the reason for taking a drug she'd "grass" them up abd thise that take drugs are scum......very helpful.

and that is MY opinion.
I agree.

Cannabis for personal use is, in practice, considered legal (just as it is in the Netherlands).

I also deplore the accusation that someone taking cannabis to relieve pain, etc, is behaving like scum. Perhaps she'd think differently if she were in the same boat one day.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 10:40 PM

UK law as it stands...
If caught in possession of cannabis, as well as considering arrest and confiscating the drug, police are likely to:...give a cannabis warning for a first offence of possession – this is a written warning that does not show up on the PCN and should not show on CRB checks often carried out by employers.
Give a Penalty Notice for Disorder – this is an on-the-spot fine of £90 for a second offence, you must pay this within 14 days or face going to court.
make an arrest if it is the third offence of having been caught with cannabis – this could lead to conviction in court and a criminal record.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thank you Mups but as I said in my PM to you, you have no reason to apologise. I certainly have not taken offence to anything you have posted (ever).

Dear Dongle, thank you. And thank you for your lovely PM as well. x x
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dear Dongle, thank you. And thank you for your lovely PM as well. x x
Oops! Some people have been taking other people to task about the use of such 'unofficial usernames'!

Not that it bothers me, of course.

Page 18 of 23 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top