Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:52 AM

Re: Nightmare at the Lion Queens Castle

Originally Posted by carol ->
That's very good news.
What happens now? Do you claim on insurance for new flooring or will the old be ok when it dries out?

I wondered the same Carol. Will house insurance cover it Queenie?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 11:02 AM

Having just read your post LQ I am pleased the cause of the problem has been found. I hope getting it all sorted out now with a new floor is not too much hassle for you.

Who would have thought of that as being the cause? It seems that none of us will get the prize for being correct with our guesses!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wondered the same Carol. Will house insurance cover it Queenie?
We are insuredr, i doubt our laminate can be saved as it has bowed. Luckily the living room is OK its just the hall and kitchen.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 12:46 PM

Hat's off to his logic. Dig out plaster, cut out a small section of pipe and fit a new bit in using a slip ring. Done it myself.

Suppose you can leave the floor down until you get the insurers round. Although not great, at least things don't have to be in complete upheaval over the festive week.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 05:23 PM

I've just found this thread, and was not only very sorry to hear about it, but also shocked, especially this close to Christmas.
The good news is that your plumber found the source and can now deal with it. If it was a water pipe, the leak should have stopped when you turned off the stopcock but, of course the water in the pipes above would have still drained out.
I really hope that your insurers will sort everything out for you efficiently and quickly, as much as possible before Christmas. Ours were very good when we had a water leak in the loft while we were out. They replaced decorations, flooring, fittings, the telly and everything. I hope you are as well looked after. I'd be happy to come and help too, but I have no idea where you live; darn sarf, I expect!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi all

Just an update on the flood.

Plumber has been and he's going to make a start tomorrow.
Excellent news .....
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 08:00 PM

Just caught this and glad its a simple fix as in the repair all sorts of things flow through your mind don't they.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 08:40 PM

Thanks for all the hugs, they were welcome for sure.

It's hard to believe I even had a leak right now except I can still see the laminate raised from the floor rather than flat. I've added a photo but it doesn't really show the damage in the picture as it does in real life.

When the plumber pulled the offending screw out the water really spurted out, the screw had been holding it back which is why it just trickled out, the screw acted like a plug but it still leaked. I can't remember when anyone screwed anything into the wall so it must have been years its been leaking.

We have the assessors coming out from the insurance but I'm not too confident that they will pay out for new flooring as it doesn't look too bad now it's drying out although you can tell its got water damage, fingers crossed but hey, even if they don't pay me out I'm just so grateful that the leak is sorted and we can relax again. There were allsort going through my mind like having to drill the concrete floor up lol.

Alls well that ends well and I am extremely grateful to you guys for all your support in my dilemma, you really are the best and you all tried your best to make me feel better with your lovely words of comfort and good wishes.

Bless you all.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	floor.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	14293  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 08:50 PM

I'm glad things are not quite as bad as you first thought they might be LQ.

Worse things happen at sea.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 08:59 PM

Glad it all went ok LQ.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top