Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:55 PM

Re: Brexit will reward international investors, not ordinary Leave voters

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I thought by now everyone would have seen this, but it scared the socks off me and looking further into they want to conscript all 16=25 year olds into the army, I can't figure out if it's war with china they are planning for or a domestic war against people stand up to them within the EU empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v3xruukans
Having just watched this I can’t for the life of me understan what you are babbling on about

Where do you get conscription of 16 to 25 year olds from?

Where do you get war with China or EU citizens from?

The only thing to be concerned about is Farage being desperate to keep is offshore tax accounts secret
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Having just watched this I can’t for the life of me understan what you are babbling on about

The only thing to be concerned about is Farage being desperate to keep is offshore tax accounts secret

I see the conspiracy theory is strong in you today....
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 08:17 PM

The EU started the war in Ukraine with their meddling ..........and that was without an army to back up their shitstirring....

Imagine if they had an actual army..........Do you think Napolean Macron would think twice about sacrificing British squaddies for his delusions of Grandeur?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I see the conspiracy theory is strong in you today....
Couldn’t find anything about conscription and war in the linked video so just mentioned the only thing that was raised that was contentious
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Imagine if they had an actual army..........Do you think Napolean Macron would think twice about sacrificing British squaddies for his delusions of Grandeur?
You can't put up the required numbers, so you won't be asked.

UK army combat units 40% below strength as recruitment plummets
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...tment-plummets

Data released by the Ministry of Defence under freedom of information laws shows the number of soldiers in the British army’s infantry regiments has declined steadily over the past five years. There are more than 2,500 fewer personnel in frontline units than 2015, and all 16 regular regiments have shortfalls.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bungee ->
Surely an open forum is for discussion?. And you have a different view to me...let's all just discuss the facts pleasantly.
I am happy to listen to different views, but this has been going on for 3 years now and, as nobody has any knowledge of what will happen when we leave, these thread just lead to 2 different opinions where people become critical of each other.

I don't care what happens, because our government seem more interested in getting things changed to suit their personal opinions, rather than what the people have voted for. What amazes me is that people from EU countries are so desperate to prove us wrong in our decision to leave!

Why are they so keen to hold on to the UK? Could it be because we were the 3rd largest economy in the EU..... or are they hoping for a second referendum & trying to persuade is to vote differently?
If that is the case perhaps the EU should understand that British people want to make their own rules for their own country and not be governed by what all the other EU countries want.
France never wanted us in the EU & British people never really wanted to join.....so why all the fuss about us leaving?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 07:32 AM

Was never under any illusions right at the start.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You can't put up the required numbers, so you won't be asked.

UK army combat units 40% below strength as recruitment plummets
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...tment-plummets

Data released by the Ministry of Defence under freedom of information laws shows the number of soldiers in the British army’s infantry regiments has declined steadily over the past five years. There are more than 2,500 fewer personnel in frontline units than 2015, and all 16 regular regiments have shortfalls.

And yet we still punch above our weight in all matters of defence and disaster aid.

Look at the UK presence on the EU's Eastern Flank, doing the work the French and others are totally incapable of.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:37 AM

Couldn’t find anything about conscription and war in the linked video so just mentioned the only thing that was raised that was contentious

No you didn't you started going on about Nigel Farage's offshore bank accounts as if he is plotting brexit only for financial gain.

Your out-crazying the Lib Dems
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:38 AM

I agree that wasn't in the piece but it scared me enough to look deeper into it all. I thought it might pique other people's interest too. Obviously not.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top