Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 07:36 AM

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Eating Out Each Week?

Hi

Mini Fish and Chips, mushy peas as a takeaway once a week.

Eat out once a month, price varies greatly.

Yesterday a superb curry goat, rice and peas, fried dumplings and two drinks was £26.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 08:33 AM

We eat out very rarely, possibly a carvery pub lunch every couple of months or so usually for a family meet up, so probably no more than £100 a year.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2020, 05:01 PM

We used to eat out every Friday evening at a local pub/restaurant until they closed one January for refurbishment. We just stopped going after that 'cos their prices shot up (presumably to recover the refurb costs). Now we have a family get-together about once every 3 months
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
In my day it was Borough High Street that had all the eateries and pubs. My missus used to work in Holdens a newspaper distributor I would use the agency whenever I needed a few months work, and we even had our reception there in The Grapes when we got wed in Walworth Town Hall me and my brother in laws could do a pub crawl quite easily down there.

But it as all changed now the Borough Market never used to have loads of restaurants just the odd cafe. But I was sitting outside my brother in laws house last year before he passed and he had a house in Park Street just behind the market and the amount of people traffic walking through to the offices and the Southbank and Globe theatre munching on sandwich's and what ever else they could fit in their gobs after visiting the market in their lunch breaks.

I remember telling his missus that if she wanted to earn a copper or two all she had to do was put a few tables and chairs in the front of the house and start doing tea's and sandwich's. Nothing the council or health people could do its on private land.

I remember reminiscing with him just how much that area as changed since our early days living in Bermondsey.
Brick Lane is another hussle and bussle place to go to eat the different types of foods unbelievable down there although we did like our own manor and only visited Tower Hamlets on special occasions.
Has for eating out these days I do all the cooking in my house and we do have the occasional Chinese or McDs or KFC Pitsea is full of eating places so we dabble a bit Festival Park as various eating establishments and a great pub called The Quays which do a great cider and meal in the summer months, and there is a skiing ramp for the grandkids and swans and other stuff next to it.
Borough, Bermondsey, not my manor. But happy memories you have longfellow.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 12:09 PM

I don't spend anything on eating out, I can get better healthier food at home and I know what is in it .

My son occasionally takes me out to lunch to a 'Fine Dining' restaurant which I sometimes enjoy..

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top