Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:55 PM

Re: Pictures or videos or both?

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I don't do videos, just not really interested.

But I'm addicted to youtube channels done by pros talking about still photography. It's awesome to see things like someone walking down the street on GoPro, a click, and the result caught on a stills camera.

There are so many variables in making/taking a good shot: positioning yourself to catch the best light, focal length, depth of field, field of view, shutter speed, etc. And I don't know how to incorporate these into video recording.

And no, you can't grab a frame from a video and make a realistic comparison with a proper shot.
no different to taking a photo. depends on what you are videoing with. If I was videoing with my Nikon D810 the setup would be the same. with the camcorder i have being a relatively cheap one in camcorder terms all I have to do is set one and the other elements are automatic but can zoom in so DOF doesn't really apply.
Go up to a £2000 + camcorder then you not only can set as you would with a camera but also have to deal with sound. Maybe a good video editing suite would be a help

I can select one of these on the front dial and all the others fall in line with that setting

so basically idiot proof built for me I guess or you can go into the menu to do more.

It didn't me that long to understand it and if I can anyone can but easiest is tgo let the camcorder do it for you
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A perfect still photograph can be likened to a work of art, and is up there with paintings done by the masters.....In my opinion...
IMO too Foxy
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 10:47 AM

This photograph has to be my all time favourite for atmosphere. I would happily hang this on my wall, much better than a video of it.

Photograph by Michael Bryant.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:43 AM

Dood quote " But I'm addicted to youtube channels done by pros talking about still photography. It's awesome to see things like someone walking down the street "end quote

Think of seeing your own videos on youtube instead of other peoples, then you will want to take more. Making your own.editng and all the entails is very satisfying even if not made for public viewing
I did one with the Golden Gate bridge in video with warning horn sounding

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
This photograph has to be my all time favourite for atmosphere. I would happily hang this on my wall, much better than a video of it.

Photograph by Michael Bryant.
Now that's what I'm talking about Longdogs.......Epic!

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I can't speak for others - but I don't want to make videos!!
Stand firm, Pixie, he can't make you if you don't want to.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Strange as soon as I do everyone jumps on my back as if I had the plague.
Nonsense, RS, when someone has the plague, jumping on their back is the last thing anyone would do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If you are making a documentary about your holiday, video would be the perfect medium realspeed, but a few photos are all that's required to bring back the memories. I doubt my daughter will go through my photos of places she doesn't recognise with people she doesn't know more than once. I suspect the majority of my photos and videos will be consigned to the waste bin after my demise.....

I agree, Foxy.

After all, I can't hang a video on the wall to see every day, can I.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-06-2021, 03:11 PM

Nothing wrong with just taking photos and if your satisfied with photos stuck in a draw then thats fine .I do the same but not being stuck in a rut without finding out other forms of photography.
Personally at ther moment I like to see life as when I made the video. Then not just one fixed view but what else is about and the sounds associated with it. The overwritten ones I post with music are just video edited copies of the original with the sound track.

So why not me a little more adventurous and have a go, you never know you might get a lot of pleasure and enjoyment from making a video. You don't know until you try.
Seems to me there is too much negativity without trying first
Harbal
South Yorkshire

17-06-2021, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Nothing wrong with just taking photos and if your satisfied with photos stuck in a draw then thats fine
But not really convenient if you are aiming for as many viewings of them as possible. After 35.614 (and rising) your drawer would be in a sorry state.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top