Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 04:20 PM

Re: This one is for the LADIES ... ELVIS!

Tiffany - how is it that I have never hear this one from Elvis before!?! Wow! ...Thank you for sharing it for us.... Memories - ah yes! Is amazing how music provides (as they say) the Soundtrack to our lives.... wonderful!

From Gia
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gianetta ->
Tiffany - how is it that I have never hear this one from Elvis before!?! Wow! ...Thank you for sharing it for us.... Memories - ah yes! Is amazing how music provides (as they say) the Soundtrack to our lives.... wonderful!

From Gia
It was released in 1960 & it was on the flip side of A Mess Of Blues. I don't know how high it got in the charts.
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 08:11 PM

Ahh...I see! I would think it did very well on the charts, yes?
Thanks for telling me! (all of us!)

From Gia
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 03:25 AM

Ahhhh Yes Ladies.

But have you heard any tracks from the latest Elvis album recorded with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra?
My favourite track from it is this. (but they are all crackers)!

Burning Love

Leave it playing if you want to hear more tracks.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 01:18 PM

I think the originals were/are better.
I saw all his films, got most on DVD. Have the ultimate CD collection too, the one where it says, you'll never need any other compilation, because all his songs are on this.
Gianetta
US

09-01-2016, 03:31 PM

Oh my goodness Kenny! I have not hear him sing the songs with the Philharmonic orchestras before! (How do they do such a thing???) I enjoying to hear this very much! Thank youuu! What such a difference! I will send this links to my friend Marta who love Elvis too much! Grazie!
From Gia xo
Gianetta
US

09-01-2016, 03:34 PM

Hi Tiff!

Yes of course his original songs are best, but also I like the addition of the big orchestra sound for just a change - it add a rich and interesting sound to each song. Still - Elvis remain the King of rock and roll! No matter what changes are make to his songs! Thank you for comment here!
From Gia xo
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2016, 05:47 PM

Hi Tiff!

Yes of course his original songs are best, but also I like the addition of the big orchestra sound for just a change - it add a rich and interesting sound to each song. Still - Elvis remain the King of rock and roll! No matter what changes are make to his songs! Thank you for comment here!
From Gia xo
Yes, of course the originals were best.
Then Elvis just went into a studio and sung with his band until they got the right 'take'.
So the original sound is more fresh and vibrant.
Even now.
BUT, they did a pretty good job with redoing them with the TRPO.
Gianetta
US

09-01-2016, 06:00 PM

Yes...I agree Kenny ... Is nice to hear the Philharmonic accompany to his music - but - original always seem to be the favorites... Thank you for share them with us!

From Gia xo
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

09-01-2016, 06:09 PM

Yes...I agree Kenny ... Is nice to hear the Philharmonic accompany to his music - but - original always seem to be the favorites... Thank you for share them with us!

From Gia xo
Thank you Gia.
And here is another one I would like to share which has also been re done.

This song is just as true today as it was all those around 50 years ago when he first sung it.
And I just LOVE it!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top