Join for free
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 04:46 AM

Synths at the BBC, the 80's music.

Just been watching electronic/synthesiser bands on the BBC in the early 80's. Human League, OMD, Yazoo, Depeche Mode, Soft Cell, Japan, Heaven 17(Penthouse & Pavement is arguably one of the best albums of all time)all very experimental, laying the foundations for many modern bands and were hugely influential.

New Wave. Brilliant era.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 10:15 AM

Re: Synths at the BBC, the 80's music.

Ive collected electronic music since the 60s, the music of the eighties was a long way after but probably helped to bring it to the fore in peoples minds. Most of the eighties synth music that i found interesting was on the edges, Dalek I,
Fad Gadget, Bumbites to name some.

This band could well be thought of as real pioneers as it goes back to the 60`s.
Krautrock was a major influence of thee bands you mention, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream etc.

I might add that i have stuff from all the bands mentioned, but often, remixes, extended tracks, British Electric Foundation (Heaven 17} Music of Quality and Distinction Volume One, being a typical example, all tracks are covers by other artists such as Tina Turner, came in a small box as a set of singles.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 10:45 AM

Re: Synths at the BBC, the 80's music.

I became very interested in electronic music thanks to Isao Tomita. His music which took classical so perfectly into another dimension was stunning and well before its time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top