Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 11:14 PM

Re: Contactless card query

Slightly off topic but the three no security number is mentioned here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bat-fraud.html
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You don't plonk it on anything. You just wave it over the machine without touching.
Well I have to plonk mine on the screen at Tesco's
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Well I have to plonk mine on the screen at Tesco's
Well don't do it then! (Sorry, Tommy Cooper.)
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
well don't do it then! (sorry, tommy cooper.)

wossup with the smilies ?

oh they've appeared
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2016, 11:50 AM

I do tend to use my contactless card more and more nowadays but as long as I keep a check on what I am spending it is fine. But I would never let someone take the card off me. oh no give it back.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Likewise getting more and more skeptical about card transactions. It may well be that younger people are using it more but they are the ones who will moan like hell when some fraudulant transaction happens but of course being young basically means you forget 'bad things' quicker and let crime blossom

Where ever possible I pay by cash, it's so simple, you pick your items, give the checkout some cash, they give you a receipt. They don't know you name, address, e-mail, or any personal details, compare that to card transactions (especially mail order) they end up knowing pretty much everything about you but you know almost nothing about some of these small suppliers.
Yes, me too Losos. We seem to have made it so complex to hand over money these days and we have added so many 'middle men' and reams of paperwork it's made the system so insecure and vulnerable to fraud. God only knows what will happen if the whole of the internet goes t*ts up as has already happened to a couple of banks on a small scale.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
God only knows what will happen if the whole of the internet goes t*ts up as has already happened to a couple of banks on a small scale.
It is only a matter of time OGF. It will be a convenient way to "reset" everything. The banks will go down, the stock exchange will go down and everyone will miraculously lose the details of bank accounts. So there will be no proof of who had what money and there will be outrage across the nation by the morons who put their dependency on the state whilst the more aggressive will quickly realise it is a free for all and will loot and pillage.

AN EMP bomb would easily knock out all those computer systems and whilst the States/Gov'ts will say they have backups in EMP Proof vaults 50 miles underground that won't stop them limiting handouts and using the situation to increase their controls over the populous.

The ones who will survive this inevitable reset, will be those who have common sense and can see that a bank note, a piece of paper (linen) is inherently worthless and that life is about survival and identification of things of true value not materialistic claptrap. Those people will have long since amassed quantities of gold, silver, gems and other items of true long lasting value as well of course as all the things needed to survive like water filters, vegetable seeds, heat sources and so on.

Money is worthless. Every FIAT currency that has ever existed has eventually fallen back to its true inherent value which is of course zero. The ones ruling the world are the ones controlling the money. The ones who say:

"My bank notes are going to be the currency here, you MUST use them, you must not use any other currency else we will throw you in jail and BTW we get to print the money and print as much as we like".

There will come a time when people realise the fallacy and stupidity of that situation and then people will once again trade items for items. Milk for bread, vegetables for blankets and so on.

Localised areas and/or groups will establish their own currencies and only trade with those notes. This has happened before in the US with "Scrip notes". The groups that invented their own currency thrived, because it had true value, wasn't manipulated, wasn't over-inflated etc. Eventually the powers that be put pay to it all and took scrip notes away.

The power to print the money has for decades switched back and forth between the fraudulent banksters and the "people" and that will continue. Every time it changes there is conflict to bring about that change and as technology has advanced those conflicts get worse.

There is not much that the banksters would not do to assert and defend their lucrative positions of controlling the money. While ever they do, they will keep YOUR country in debt and thus YOU in a life of slavery.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 12:57 PM

For those interested in the history of how the "Money Changers" have repeatedly wrested back control of the money printing over the years I recommend you read this link. Ignore the religious overtones and simply work down the main part that highlights all the key historical figures, kings, queens, notable figures etc who have played their part.

Here we are in the year 2016 and yet this money war is still going on. The "people" are still being exploited by those in control of the money and will continue to be until the next revolution or "change" in that situation.

http://antimatrix.org/Convert/Books/...y.Changers.htm

Some extracts:

1764 - Benjamin Franklin is asked by officials of the Bank of England to explain the prosperity of the colonies in America.

"That is simple. In the Colonies we issue our own money. It is called Colonial Scrip. We issue it in proper proportion to the demands of trade and industry to make the products pass easily from the producers to the consumers. In this manner creating for ourselves our own paper money, we control its purchasing power, and we have no interest to pay no one."

As a result of Franklin's statement, the British Parliament hurriedly passed the Currency Act of 1764. This prohibited colonial officials from issuing their own money and ordered them to pay all future taxes in gold or silver coins.

1787 - James Madison was opposed to a privately owned central bank after seeing the exploitation of the people by the Bank of England. Thomas Jefferson was also against it, and Jefferson later made the following statement,

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and the corporations which grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

1790 Mayer Amschel Rothschild made the following statement from his bank in Frankfurt, Germany,

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws."

1963 - President Kennedy

President Kennedy issues dollar bills carrying a red seal, and called United States Note. A lot of people believe he was already printing his own debt free money and that is why he was killed, in much the same way as President Lincoln. However, these United States Notes carrying the red seal were merely a reissue of the Greenbacks introduced by President Lincoln.

What could have been motive though, is that on June 4, President Kennedy signed Executive Order No. 11110 that returned to the United States government the power to issue currency, without going through the Federal Reserve. This order gave the Treasury the power to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury. This meant that for every ounce of silver in the United States Treasury's vault, the government could introduce new debt free money into circulation

President Reagan's, "Gold Commission," reports back to Congress and makes the following shocking statement concerning gold,

"The U. S. Treasury owned no gold at all. All the gold that was left in Fort Knox was now owned by the Federal Reserve, a group of private bankers, as collateral against the National Debt."

1997 - Tony Blair

"Less than two months before Tony Blair came to power in England, another interesting entry can be found in HANSARD, 5th March 1997, volume 578, No. 68, columns 1869-1871, in which the Earl of Caithness is recorded as having stated:"

"The next government must grasp the nettle, accept their responsibility for controlling the money supply and change from our debt-based monetary system. My Lords, will they? If they do not, our monetary system will break us and the sorry legacy we are already leaving our children will be a disaster."
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes, me too Losos. We seem to have made it so complex to hand over money these days and we have added so many 'middle men' and reams of paperwork it's made the system so insecure and vulnerable to fraud. God only knows what will happen if the whole of the internet goes t*ts up as has already happened to a couple of banks on a small scale.
I agree.

Bring back bartering.

I offer my wife. How many cattle can I have?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

Bring back bartering.

I offer my wife. How many cattle can I have?
Do you have any illustrations of said wife JB?

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top