Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:01 PM

Re: Contactless card query

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Do you have any illustrations of said wife JB?
Yes, lots.

Are you going to start the bidding?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, lots.

Are you going to start the bidding?
Is there a reserve on her JB?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Is there a reserve on her JB?
No. All reasonable offers considered.
effingpot
Hampshire, UK
effingpot is male  effingpot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 12:06 PM

Don't let them take our card on of sight. Contactless and using your pin should be done with you holding the card. They have portable machines to enable this. With small transactions the best practice seems to be that they ask you if you'd like to use contactless and in some cases if you are OK for them to do it for you, but right in front of you, not out of sight. It should be safe enough if you follow the basics, but it's still new for a lot of people. My mum used it for the first time this weekend and felt quite excited to be a modern woman It only works for transactions under £20 or £30, depending on the card and only for a few transactions a day. One thing I don't get is that they are sometimes unable to provide a receipt, which I suspect is a user error rather than a restriction. Either way I use it a lot and never had a problem.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by effingpot ->
My mum used it for the first time this weekend and felt quite excited to be a modern woman It only works for transactions under £20 or £30, depending on the card and only for a few transactions a day. One thing I don't get is that they are sometimes unable to provide a receipt, which I suspect is a user error rather than a restriction. Either way I use it a lot and never had a problem.
When my brother visited (from Macclesfield) last year he complained that in the UK the limit is set too low, he said our limit of $100 (£50) was far more sensible.

One of my real annoyances with Woollies is that they always ask if you want a receipt, I always say "yes" but I presume it is just a money saving exercise.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
When my brother visited (from Macclesfield) last year he complained that in the UK the limit is set too low, he said our limit of $100 (£50) was far more sensible.

One of my real annoyances with Woollies is that they always ask if you want a receipt, I always say "yes" but I presume it is just a money saving exercise.
I much prefer the lower limit of £20.....any would be thief isn't going to benefit too much and wont be able to fund his next "fix" from such limits.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2016, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I much prefer the lower limit of £20.....any would be thief isn't going to benefit too much and wont be able to fund his next "fix" from such limits.
Yes, as I understand it, that is the reason for that limit.

I have a contactless credit card but have never had the need to use it as such. In fact, when it is coming up for renewal I shall ask for it to be replaced by a non-contact card.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:41 PM

They changed it to £30 some while back Tpin, and only three contactless transactons per day.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:42 PM

Probably best not to give your card to thieves or addicts then.

Your bank protects you from illegal transactions.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Probably best not to give your card to thieves or addicts then.

Your bank protects you from illegal transactions.
Nooooo......you're kidding aren't you.........I'd never have thought that.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top