Join for free
Page 15 of 42 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:23 PM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We have had this discussion before and Islam must change the way it is organized in order to root out extremists. They need a central leadership that provides guidance.
I would agree with you on this Annie! There needs to be an overruling body that takes responsibility for what is taught in mosques and gives an interpretation of what their holy book says...... that way we could all discover if it is a real religion & what it teaches.

If Imams don't have to qualify, to preach, then every Imam can teach what they personally believe....... and some of them are not nice people!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would agree with you on this Annie! There needs to be an overruling body that takes responsibility for what is taught in mosques and gives an interpretation of what their holy book says...... that way we could all discover if it is a real religion & what it teaches.

If Imams don't have to qualify, to preach, then every Imam can teach what they personally believe....... and some of them are not nice people!
Exactly and why we were nervous when the boys wanted to embrace their birth fathers religion. It wasn't hard finding a good kind Imam though as you just have to look at the people attending the mosque we found, if they were welcoming and generous and kind they tended to have a really nice Imam.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Rather depends on if you speak the language.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:45 PM

English ? yes I speak that reasonably well, although less well than some of the Muslims I know, the solicitors and doctors and teachers are all pretty erudite.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What seems to being said here is that when a muslim kills a load of innocent people, it's our fault for not understanding them - when a non-muslim kills a load of innocent muslims, it's our fault for not understanding them.
oh longy pu tall ya toys away cos mum will be here soon to take ya home - muslim cars in that box and non-muslim cars in that box - good boy!

see ya next week and it will your turn to wear the 'muslim jacket!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by julie1962 ->
english ? Yes i speak that reasonably well, although less well than some of the muslims i know, the solicitors and doctors and teachers are all pretty erudite.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
English ? yes I speak that reasonably well, although less well than some of the Muslims I know, the solicitors and doctors and teachers are all pretty erudite.
They are not Imans though are they?
Arabic is the language generally used in mosques .
Sermons are probaby given in the language of the sub continent .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Islam is a religion it's as compatible with democracy as any other religion. I don't understand why anyone expects it to be democratic at all.
So let me explain.

And let's stick with the Judio-Christian group.

In democracy the electorate decide upon representative in an assembly that manages a nations statutes (laws) and can make or repeal any of the nation's laws without limitation.

A democratic Parliment could and indeed has introduce laws concerning sexual propriety that has seen such things as same sex marriage being legalised (as an example).

Put another way man can make laws for man based on what man decides he wants to do.

Such is not the case with Islam

In the case of Islam laws that were decided upon by Old Mo 1300 years ago in very different times and in very different circumstances and in many cases based on his the law as set out in the Qur'an and supported by Hard Hadith are totally at odds with those that man has decided upon and in the case of my example would be utterly impossible to enact.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-03-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Imams
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hrm,

It is certainly true that the Qur'an should be learned in paeleo-arabic and being the verbatim report of what Old Mo claims to have been told by Jibril it is sacred and must not be translated, though the mosque iman or his approved delegate usually teaches what the meaning is.

That is similar to the way that the Christian Bible in the case of the Roman Catholic lot used to use the Vulgate version writ in Latin and taught (twisted and distorted) by the priest. Indeed at the Council of Trent it was decreed that anyone wanting to read the Bible had to have a license!

But then, the Roman Catholic church could never be accused of being Christian.

Friday prayers where a great deal more things are discussed or instructed on what to do are obviously going to be in the language most widely known and understood by the majority of the congregation.

There is so very very much to learn about Islam. There is a great deal to learn about Judaism and Christianity too but at least both have been able not only to steer social and cultural evolution but also to track those changes and so by an large remain relevant.

Not so Islam.

Page 15 of 42 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top