Join for free
Page 21 of 31 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 06:09 PM

Re: Syria conflict; how would you vote.

If you are gonna 'lump them altogether' its no wonder they turn against us
Sense needs to prevail - sadly lacking here
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Another question ... what on earth was the Charlie Hebdo massacre about then? Some cartoon character?
Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So you think all Muslims are the same and these are typical Muslims ? we seem to go round in circles because of that one problem. If you can't understand how wrong that is then nothing we can say will change it.
I was going to advise you to be careful how you replied to the Charlie Hebdo question ...

Because ... Over a quarter of British Muslims have sympathy for the Charlie Hebdo terrorists http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10068440.html

I find that alarming .. and a damning indicator of Muslim allegiance in the UK.
You keep your head buried in the sand.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 06:17 PM

The article made interesting reading - I was offended by the cartoons too
An overwhelming number of Muslims (in that article) support and have loyalty to Britain
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 06:21 PM

I understand the offence I was offended by many of their cartoons when I looked into their work, I don't think many supported the killing but they understood the offence that was caused.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 06:23 PM

Yes ..it did seem a fair representation and I'm heartened to see what some of the results were... but not all.

The same as at that stabbing last night at that London railway station .. where if you watched the video someone could be saying
You ain't no Muslim bruv.”.

Apparently it's caught on and is getting tweeted about and many Muslims are retweeting it.
This is what I'd like to see more of.

Myself I wasn't offended with the Charlie Hebdo cartoons... but then again I view all religions with a jaundiced eye and can't see why someone been offended can justify someone else's death.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-12-2015, 06:25 PM

Yes ..it did seem a fair representation and I'm heartened to see what some of the results were... but not all.

The same as at that stabbing last night at that London railway station .. where if you watched the video someone could be saying
You ain't no Muslim bruv.”.

Apparently it's caught on and is getting tweeted about and many Muslims are retweeting it.
This is what I'd like to see more of.

Myself I wasn't offended with the Charlie Hebdo cartoons... but then again I view all religions with a jaundiced eye and can't see why someone been offended can justify someone else's death.

Unjustifiable as you say - but they are nutters right, any excuse
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

06-12-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I understand the offence I was offended by many of their cartoons when I looked into their work, I don't think many supported the killing but they understood the offence that was caused.
Any right minded person would be appalled ... and not try to rationalise and excuse it.
I get offended (mildly) when someone laughs at astrology but allow for their viewpoint .. I don't sympathy with an astrologer that goes and kills someone because they took particular umbrage.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2015, 06:28 PM

Exactly I have never heard anyone say they thought them sane, nutters is the commonly used word.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

06-12-2015, 06:29 PM

Muslim nutters.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-12-2015, 06:31 PM

Any right minded person would be appalled ... and not try to rationalise and excuse it.
I get offended (mildly) when someone laughs at astrology but allow for their viewpoint .. I don't sympathy with an astrologer that goes and kills someone because they took particular umbrage.
Now you are making assumptions, of course people were appalled doesn't mean we cannot understand the offence though. That magazine deliberately tries to offend.

Page 21 of 31 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top