Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 10:48 AM

Re: Childrens book illustrations

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Yes, that's the one Meg

We grandparents do a lot to help educate the kiddies, make life fun and leave lots of good memories.

My (nearly 14) granddaughter was hunting through the books last week, looking for a book that I used to read to her .. we didn't find it, but she remembered.
Janela I thank Grandparent power is greatly underestimated, I don't know how the country would run without it .

Some of my sons most treasured memories are the time we spent together reading books .
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 11:18 AM

Re: Childrens book illustrations

Thank you all for your responses, I enjoy very much the retelling of memories.

My dad's brother lived with us until I was about 5 & he loved books & I'm sure his reading them to me were the foundation of my later extensive vocabulary.
ON the minus side, he was a mariner & some of his uttterings were not suitable for minors. bless him.
ONe example was "The seven pillars of wisdom" by Lawrence of Arabia.& the" Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám "

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top