Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 12:02 PM

Everyone has a book in them.

Well that's what they all say. A friend of mine recently told me that he'd written a book. I had no idea, he kept it quiet.

Have you a subject for a book at the back of your mind.
Come on 'fess up . Time is running out.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 12:12 PM

Re: Everyone has a book in them.

I am currently writing a novel !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 01:02 PM

I've got loads of projects: just can't find the time or energy to carry on.

One day, I keep telling myself...one day.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 01:07 PM

Sorry im fick as a brick, cant write for toffee. I did once harbor the idea of writing a book about underground and electronic rock music, but Julian Cope the singer of Teardrop explodes beat me to it.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 01:46 PM

I've already churned out one pile of crap. I have to redo said pile of crap and submit it, then I intend to write another pile of crap. So to sum up I have more than one pile of crap in me .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 02:46 PM

I've written loads of short stories and poems, but a book would be too much of a challenge and I doubt I could keep my interest going for that long.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 02:48 PM

i would like to write a book about everything ive found out while doing my Ancestry. i have started to log stories from Newspapers and need to make a timeline .,its not easy ,
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 03:34 PM

Wouldn't have the patience, so glad others do though cos I love reading. If I have a book in me it will have to stay put!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 05:06 PM

I have nothing but admiration for writers and potential writers, we need their experiences and imagination to help us escape from our own ups and downs. Don't forget we all have different tastes and someone's crap is someone else's caviar, so keep at it folks.
I haven't got a sentence in me never mind a book, the only things I have patience with is me work and me wife, it's a case of having to for a peaceful existence.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Well that's what they all say. A friend of mine recently told me that he'd written a book. I had no idea, he kept it quiet.
Have you a subject for a book at the back of your mind.
Come on 'fess up . Time is running out.
I have a substantial collection of notes somewhere that someone told me would possibly make a good, successful read with the right help.

It's all to do with my life as an NDT Technician from '73 to '84, in the UK and overseas.

As with many older men, I tend to remember those days and often refer to particular things in my past but on many occasions I'm not believed!

I get a bit miffed at that 'cos if there's one thing I am it's honest, almost to the point of stupidity at times, but still people do not believe that anyone could have had the kind of bad luck and disasters that I've had!

That's the reason I wrote it all down - well - a fair bit of it - so I can keep it all fresh in my mind!

A friend on another forum who lived in Japan was an ex-publisher and it was he who suggested I self-edit it first and try hawking extracts of it about.

He even gave me 2 contacts but I never did go ahead.

Maybe I will in the future but my original thoughts of a title will have to be reviewed; in the NDT business back then, (Non-Destructive Testing), Industrial Radiographers such as I was at first were know as Bombers! stevmk2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top