Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 03:02 PM

Re: House Insurance

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
For the past couple of years we have used a Broker, as our renewal is due on the 21st, we received our renewal quotation through the post, it said House Insurance Premium £142.09, Insurance Premium Tax £8.53 total £150.62, Pay by Direct Debit £19.99 per month which = £239.88. Well £239.88 is a darn site more than £150.62 so I phoned them, what was not documented was there is a Broker Charge of £25.00, £30.00 for Legal Cover, and £32.00 interest for paying monthly.
So I went onto the comparison sites, the AA have a comparable policy with legal cover included for £97.56 one off payment, or £108.21 over 12 months, job done, bugger Brokers.
I'll be doing that next year.

I've been away for a while and I now find my home insurance has been renewed without my say so - and was £70-80 higher than last year! I sent them an email asking to why. Only just received a phone call from them. Very polite and friendly banter (smiler with a knife) - supposedly. Quick check on the computer for a cheaper policy (rubbish all she did was remove stuff put on there that was lining someone's pocket) and voila more or less back to what it was last year.

If you don't keep an eye on it each year it will rise and you will end up paying a fortune - as happened to my brother in law.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

If you don't keep an eye on it each year it will rise and you will end up paying a fortune - as happened to my brother in law.
Very true.
We were with Saga, because it was, initially, a better deal than the previous lot. I didn't keep an eye on things and after OH died, his bro was helping me sort out my dosh.

Wow ... what a shock when I realised other companies were not only cheaper, but better.
I switched to Esure and currently pay around £14 per month for buildings and contents.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I'll be doing that next year.

I've been away for a while and I now find my home insurance has been renewed without my say so - and was £70-80 higher than last year! I sent them an email asking to why. Only just received a phone call from them. Very polite and friendly banter (smiler with a knife) - supposedly. Quick check on the computer for a cheaper policy (rubbish all she did was remove stuff put on there that was lining someone's pocket) and voila more or less back to what it was last year.

I related my tale to the Broker whom I contacted to cancel, bingo, still with the Broker, just £12.00 a month now, just goes to show.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I related my tale to the Broker whom I contacted to cancel, bingo, still with the Broker, just £12.00 a month now, just goes to show.
Well done oh spittie one

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top