Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 03:50 PM

Re: Calling all ignored women!

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Where's Amal got to Have you lot frightened him off One thing all the replies above have shown is that if you're a twenty something undergraduate venturing into an over fifities forum is dangerous in the extreme , poor lad is probably shaking and shivering in his bed sit wishing he had never asked

Amal if you do come back have a look at some of these so called 'life style' magazines, they are rubbish, all the photographs are taken at angles that make the subject look bigger and cleaner and brighter than they really are, when you pass about fourty you suddenly learn the tricks that magazines use.

In our house we don't usually buy any of these mags but the other day my wife did pick up a copy of.......well let's call it "Perfect Home" on page 20 "This month we love" and a picture of a rubbish desk with no room for anything like pens and pencils let alone a four ring binder and the legs as wobbly as a jelly on a plate. The text was so excruiatingly patronising and 'luvvy' and finished with "Who wouldn't want to work at this beautiful desk?"......answer NO ONE

Sorry Amal but the twenty somethings might get conned by that type of talk but not us older and wiser beings.
Nooooooo Amal is female!!!!!
Poor lad be blowed (sorry!!), she is asking interesting questions and at least she's not IGNORING US!!!

Amal try the link again, I can't be arsed to do your questionnaire the long winded way, sorry my love.

Magazines? Total crap.
Most fashion? Total crap.
So called trends? If you wait long enough it all comes around again and we've all been there before!

I'm a very tall woman (5'10") and I buy most of my clothes from Long Tall Sally. Brilliant styles and I hope that I do them credit. Absolutely nothing beige or frumpy about their clothes and shoes etc.

Used to go to Per Una at M&S but it's rubbish now.

Best tip I ever learnt is know your colours and what suits your colouring and skin tone.
05aalloush
New Member!
Nottingham, UK
05aalloush is female 

06-03-2015, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Where's Amal got to Have you lot frightened him off One thing all the replies above have shown is that if you're a twenty something undergraduate venturing into an over fifities forum is dangerous in the extreme , poor lad is probably shaking and shivering in his bed sit wishing he had never asked

Amal if you do come back have a look at some of these so called 'life style' magazines, they are rubbish, all the photographs are taken at angles that make the subject look bigger and cleaner and brighter than they really are, when you pass about fourty you suddenly learn the tricks that magazines use.

In our house we don't usually buy any of these mags but the other day my wife did pick up a copy of.......well let's call it "Perfect Home" on page 20 "This month we love" and a picture of a rubbish desk with no room for anything like pens and pencils let alone a four ring binder and the legs as wobbly as a jelly on a plate. The text was so excruiatingly patronising and 'luvvy' and finished with "Who wouldn't want to work at this beautiful desk?"......answer NO ONE

Sorry Amal but the twenty somethings might get conned by that type of talk but not us older and wiser beings.
Hi Losos,

Have just gotten back on to the forum to see all the replies. Everyone has been making valid points, and obviously I understand that for a younger person to be venturing into this forum and attempting to "relate" is a tough subject and may be coming off as extremely naive.

..which is exactly why I need opinions - and it's useful to hear criticisms of both my approach as well as of what's currently out there as it helps reshape and develop my research, and to know a little more about what you want/don't want as consumers. As poorly as I may have written the original post, the research is being done with good intentions, and yes, I'm taking the comments in good humour.

Ps. I'm a she, not a he
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by 05aalloush ->
Hi Losos,

Have just gotten back on to the forum to see all the replies. Everyone has been making valid points, and obviously I understand that for a younger person to be venturing into this forum and attempting to "relate" is a tough subject and may be coming off as extremely naive.

..which is exactly why I need opinions - and it's useful to hear criticisms of both my approach as well as of what's currently out there as it helps reshape and develop my research, and to know a little more about what you want/don't want as consumers. As poorly as I may have written the original post, the research is being done with good intentions, and yes, I'm taking the comments in good humour.

Ps. I'm a she, not a he
Told you!!!!!

Contact the Admins and tell them we've given you permission to do an online questionnaire thingy and then we'll all do it properly
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Told you!!!!!

Contact the Admins and tell them we've given you permission to do an online questionnaire thingy and then we'll all do it properly
Please note, links to surveys or questionnaires are no longer allowed. Instead please post all questions into a thread.

This way everyone can see the questions posted but also get a chance to see the 'results'.
Additionally, email harvesting can not take place.

Thank you

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top