Join for free
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 01:13 PM

I have a question regarding the internet and e-posting.

Several times each day I get adverts to my e-post address. “Purchase this” “Purchase that” “Save on this” “You've won that!”. I toss them straight into the rubbish bin without opening any of them. My question is …. are ANY of them legitimate?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 01:25 PM

Re: I have a question regarding the internet and e-posting.

it is spam and yes most is legit but unwanted, you are doing the right thing.

What has happened is you may have looked to buy a product and gone onto their emailing list to other companies. make sure there is a tick boxes to stop this when making a purchase, and read the terms and conditions as often it says your information may be passed on to other companies you may be interested in.

There are spam blockers on the internet just type in "spam blocker" in your search engine. Some are free and others you have to pay for
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 01:35 PM

I often wondered that meself AO, as far I know it’s open season for all advertisers once you have the cookies in, and every site has them, but I wouldn’t know for sure, we just have to put up with them.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
it is spam and yes most is legit but unwanted, you are doing the right thing.

What has happened is you may have looked to buy a product and gone onto their emailing list to other companies. make sure there is a tick boxes to stop this when making a purchase, and read the terms and conditions as often it says your information may be passed on to other companies you may be interested in.

There are spam blockers on the internet just type in "spam blocker" in your search engine. Some are free and others you have to pay for
Wow! Thank you very much! I didn't know any of that! I shall be more diligent in future. No chance of me cleaning out the ones I already have, other than defaulting them to the “spam bin”?

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I often wondered that meself AO, as far I know it’s open season for all advertisers once you have the cookies in, and every site has them, but I wouldn’t know for sure, we just have to put up with them.
Yes! I mean, I know that I have no millionaire uncle in Nigeria who might have died, leaving me a few cool million dollars ….. but now and then I think, “Hmmm, a 20 pound voucher for XXX & Co. wouldn't come amiss!” In the end I guess I'll just carry on cleansing out the In Box every morning (sometimes twice and thrice) and never mind becoming a millionaire.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top