Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:08 PM

British women who joined Isis gets 6 years

Do you think this is a fair judgement?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-35460697
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:13 PM

Re: British women who joined Isis gets 6 years

In my opinion she shouldn't have been allowed back into the country.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:22 PM

I think they'd have to let her back in, presumably she and the child have British passports. I hope she'll learn the error of her ways in prison, and that the child will get good care.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
I think they'd have to let her back in, presumably she and the child have British passports. I hope she'll learn the error of her ways in prison, and that the child will get good care.
I didn't think of that, so if you have a UK passport you have to be allowed back in?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:24 PM

Personally unless I had to I wouldnt have let her back in.

Hopefully she will be declared unfit as a mother and the child will get a proper upbringing.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you think this is a fair judgement?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-35460697
Hi

That she was found guilty, yes.

That the two sentences were consecutive, yes.

That she will be out in three years, no.

The Green Party by the way are against any laws against people becoming members of ISIS or any terrorist organisation.

Their leader has said" legislation that made it an offence merely to belong to certain organisations was outdated and it was important for the government to defend the principle of freedom of speech."
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
I didn't think of that, so if you have a UK passport you have to be allowed back in?
Hi

Yes it is true, you cannot make a person stateless.

If they have joint Citizenship you can strip them of their passport as they still have the other one.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:30 PM

I don't know about her family shouting the trial was a farce, I think the sentence is a farce, she won't serve 6 years and she will be out again to carry on where she left off. I personally think she should have been given a much longer sentence. I hope the authorities keep a very close eye on her when she gets out.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

The Green Party by the way are against any laws against people becoming members of ISIS or any terrorist organisation.

Their leader has said" legislation that made it an offense merely to belong to certain organizations was outdated and it was important for the government to defend the principle of freedom of speech."
I would vote Green ( for want of anything better ) if its wasn't for their ridiculous leader - who appears to be an Australian - no offense meant to Australians but how come shes leader of the British Green Party.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 04:37 PM

Well, they'll be able to keep a closer eye on her (and on the family) here than elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top