Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:24 PM

Rubbish Dumpers

I live in a lovely rural part of the world .Every morning at 6am I drive to a forest 10 miles away to walk my dogs .
There is a small car park for around a dozen cars .
The walks there are lovely , it's completely wild and the changing seasons are marked by the change in all the wild flowers and different animals I see .
If I wanted to I could walk to the beach which takes about 45 mins .
At the car park there are bird feeders and myself and a couple of other people feed the lovely small birds which are there

All sounds lovely and it is . Except for one thing . People who drive there to dump rubbish . I am not talking about the occasional crisp bag or juice can . I am talking black bags full of household rubbish .

Just this morning I picked up three black bags full of household rubbish and brought them home with me to dispose of properly .
I could have phoned the council and maybe in a week or so they might have sent someone out to pick it up . By this time it would have been strewn all over the place by crows etc .
I could have left it there but then it would have annoyed me so much every day I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the walk .
So I pick it up but I wonder what on earth is wrong with people that they can't dispose of rubbish properly .
Another thing people seem to do is throw a carrier bag of rubbish on to the grass verge as they are driving along .
These people make me very angry
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:27 PM

Re: Rubbish Dumpers

I know what you mean Abbey ,it's disgraceful. Near where I live is open land and very pretty but no sooner is it cleared then some lazy lout offloads more .
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:30 PM

If I actually caught them doing the dumping I would photograph their number plate and call the police but they are very sly about when they do it .
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:30 PM

They are just lazy so and so' s. The council provide facilities. Why drive to a beauty spot to dump rubbish. I would feel annoyed too Abbey.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:34 PM

I do agree fly tipping is evil

But I can see why some do it and I predict it will get worse, we are lucky here have big big Paladins because we are flats but they are making it really hard for the houses round the back from us with rules about amounts they can throw away, I honestly think they want them to weigh the rubbish before putting it out
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:34 PM

I don't condone dumping rubbish at all and always recycle as much as possible but I do think some councils have shot themselves in the foot by charging so much at waste sites.

My recent bathroom renovation cost me over a hundred pounds to get rid of the 'builder's rubble'.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK

21-06-2016, 04:39 PM

I agree you would have to pay to get rid of builders rubble but here there are no restrictions on amounts of household rubbish you can put out .
It's just household rubbish that they dump and believe me disposing of other peoples rubbish is truly horrific.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't condone dumping rubbish at all and always recycle as much as possible but I do think some councils have shot themselves in the foot by charging so much at waste sites.

My recent bathroom renovation cost me over a hundred pounds to get rid of the 'builder's rubble'.
Eeeeek! Really? I must remember to ask my workers about that. (When I eventually get round to having the bathroom done.). Thanks for the heads up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Eeeeek! Really? I must remember to ask my workers about that. (When I eventually get round to having the bathroom done.). Thanks for the heads up.
£2.20 per bag (had lots and had to be liftable). Shower screen £3.50, shower base £3.50, bath, £3.50 toilet pan £3.50, toilet cistern £3.50. I'm not sure if all areas charge - used to be free before I moved county.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-06-2016, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
I agree you would have to pay to get rid of builders rubble but here there are no restrictions on amounts of household rubbish you can put out .
It's just household rubbish that they dump and believe me disposing of other peoples rubbish is truly horrific.
I agree. There is no need for it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top