Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:50 PM

Re: Rubbish Dumpers

Our council was going to weigh our bins, some actually had devices fitted as a trial a few years ago, we never heard anything since.
Wouldn't have worked, the recycle collectors have been dumping the recycle in the wheelie bins and some of those haven't been collected for four weeks!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:57 PM

What I want to know is why councils will willingly fine a household for not recycling properly, yet if you take a peek into one of those large bins at the bottom of a block of flats, it's all just dumped in together. That's not right surely?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 06:14 PM

It's a control thing...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 06:35 PM

Be careful Abbey........I can imagine the scene...15 black bin bags dumped on the ground....your boot is open and you have a one in your hand. At that very moment a police officer is passing....oops.

Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 07:08 PM

Yes that could be difficult to explain
And of course I don't know what's in the bags , could be chopped up bodies or anything
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't condone dumping rubbish at all and always recycle as much as possible but I do think some councils have shot themselves in the foot by charging so much at waste sites.

My recent bathroom renovation cost me over a hundred pounds to get rid of the 'builder's rubble'.
As a matter of interest Longdogs, would it have been cheaper to have a skip? I've been wondering about having the bathroom done (or not) and if I do I would automatically get a skip for the rubble.

I'd no idea councils charged for builders rubble.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
As a matter of interest Longdogs, would it have been cheaper to have a skip? I've been wondering about having the bathroom done (or not) and if I do I would automatically get a skip for the rubble.

I'd no idea councils charged for builders rubble.
It depends on the council, they differ greatly.
Some staff at the local tips turn a blind eye to builders vans(if they can get under the barriers) some accept the £10 that accidentally blows through the open van window and they expertly catch with gloved hand()

We have a 3.5 tonne tipper and fully loaded costs £200 to tip, hence we never bother and use skips.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It depends on the council, they differ greatly.
Some staff at the local tips turn a blind eye to builders vans(if they can get under the barriers) some accept the £10 that accidentally blows through the open van window and they expertly catch with gloved hand()

We have a 3.5 tonne tipper and fully loaded costs £200 to tip, hence we never bother and use skips.

I thought skips were about £50? or was that too many years ago..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:43 PM

Get used to it, some folks don't give a shit.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

I thought skips were about £50? or was that too many years ago..
We had a skip a few weeks ago, it was £200.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top