Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:39 AM

Re: Will You Go Through A Red Light?

I regularly used to take a certain set of lights when they were between amber and red, I used to have to really speed up to beat the red light.

One day I was sitting at said lights (unable to beat them that time) and it suddenly occurred to me that considering the speed I would be going to beat the red light, if a pedestrian stepped out, or a dog or child ran across the road I would probably kill them

So I don't do it anymore.

And normally I don't jump red lights unless they are temporary ones that have got stuck on red, as somebody said, it does happen.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:45 AM

Shh...has been known
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:18 AM

I used to years ago on the early shift about 5 am before the cameras appeared. 🤭
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Even at 2am in the morning there's bound to be a copper hiding behind a bush, so no, I don't do it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Normally? No, never!

On the other hand, if l had been sitting there for about ten minutes and l thought they were faulty, then l would go!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:28 AM

Would you go through a red light if there was an ambulance behind you with flashing lights and you were in the way? What if you knew there was a camera on the lights?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Would you go through a red light if there was an ambulance behind you with flashing lights and you were in the way? What if you knew there was a camera on the lights?
Longy, Are you asking me or the audience?!

I think l was meaning, temporary traffic lights that are always a bit precarious!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-03-2018, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, Are you asking me or the audience?!

I think l was meaning, temporary traffic lights that are always a bit precarious!
I'm asking anyone who cares to answer Art.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:42 AM

No. I obey the red light signal, even if there is no traffic around and I'm not an 'amber gambler' either.
I'd rather waste a couple of minutes of my life waiting at the lights than risk wasting the rest of my life if the gamble doesn't pay off.

I'm not sure exactly how traffic signals work but most of the traffic signals around here seem to be triggered by vehicle sensors - when I'm driving late at night and there is no oncoming traffic from other directions, the red light quickly changes to green when I approach it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:11 AM

What is a red light?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top