Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 07:16 PM

Re: Modern Cars.

Hi

I have a diesel, next car, my last one, will also be a diesel automatic, ex works, with stop and start.

Batteries will not be an issue, even after Brexit.

I am happy with low emission diesels.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don'tcha just love 'em?
I suppose some of us grow up sooner than others.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have a diesel, next car, my last one, will also be a diesel automatic, ex works, with stop and start.

Batteries will not be an issue, even after Brexit.

I am happy with low emission diesels.
Trouble is Swim, diesels are compression firing and run better after they've warmed up, turning off the engine frequently allows the engine to cool and then requires more diesel to bring it back up to temperature.
Plus, diesel that has pooled in the cylinders when stopping the engine will be chucked out unburned before firing....You might be saving the planet but wasting fuel and money.....

The benefit to the planet, or even local pollution will be negligible compared to all the large commercial vehicles in the queue who don't benefit from stop/start technology. The green party seem to be targeting the wrong people about saving the planet, big multinationals contribute a million times the pollution and CO2 etc that the general population does, but we are bearing the brunt....

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top